Siem Reap, Cambodia

easy spirit

Miriam.............I want one of those Ruby necklasces! Wow that was some find. Maybe you should give us the name of the guide not to use.

Easy Spirit. Are you on a Celebrity and are you disembarking in Hong Kong when we get on?

lesley

Dont know any other guide!

If you like jewellery there are some wholesale stores near the Shangri La in Bangkok. I bought a sri lankan blue and white sapphire bead necklace for about 200 which was also 2000 in Toronto - a slightly fancier version was about 1800 at the Mandarin Oriental.

Now I am sorry that I didnt load up on more stuff - will have to return to Bangkok for shopping at some time.

Miriam.............I want one of those Ruby necklasces! Wow that was some find. Maybe you should give us the name of the guide not to use.

Easy Spirit. Are you on a Celebrity and are you disembarking in Hong Kong when we get on?

lesley

Lesley... Yes we are on the February 3rd cruise that disembarks in HK, when you get on.

WOW.... I am not too much into jewelry, BUT those finds that are posted are definetely great finds. Let's see if just by a coincidence I step into one of them.

Thanks for the reassurement regarding the hotel.

Miriiam , jewellery is my passion. In younger days it was my profession gemologist. When we were in Bangkok last year I bought a 4 1/2 ct ceylon sapphire, loose and had it set here. I haven't had it appraised, but I'm confident it's worth double what I payed for it. Saw some large rubies while I was in Bang but I was putting all my $$'s in the one sapphire. i wear it alot. Will have to check out the area in Bang that you are talking about.

I have emailed Kim San regarding tours.

Easy Spirit, Are you spending any time in Hong kong? If you are maybe we can have a drink and you can catch me up on the tour. To change the subject a bit, what are you doing in Hanoi. We are really up in the air about this port as we want to do both. I think you even get to leave at 5pm on your second day. We leave at 1. Not much time to do both. I have written to Celebrity but so far no response.

lesley

Miriiam , jewellery is my passion. In younger days it was my profession gemologist. When we were in Bangkok last year I bought a 4 1/2 ct ceylon sapphire, loose and had it set here. I haven't had it appraised, but I'm confident it's worth double what I payed for it. Saw some large rubies while I was in Bang but I was putting all my $$'s in the one sapphire. i wear it alot. Will have to check out the area in Bang that you are talking about.

I have emailed Kim San regarding tours.

Easy Spirit, Are you spending any time in Hong kong? If you are maybe we can have a drink and you can catch me up on the tour. To change the subject a bit, what are you doing in Hanoi. We are really up in the air about this port as we want to do both. I think you even get to leave at 5pm on your second day. We leave at 1. Not much time to do both. I have written to Celebrity but so far no response.

lesley

We are NOT staying in HK post cruise as we were there on 2007 for a full week. BTW LOVED HK ..... Thanks anyway for the invitation.

We are doing like 10 days pre cruise visiting Angkor Wat, Kuala Lumpur & Singapore..... so 20+ days away will be plenty enough.

Hanoi has been a big issue for me also. The distances in various ports (Bangkok, HCMC & Hanoi) are way too much to do anything without an overnight. We are doing overnights in both Bangkok & HCMC but unfortunately up to now not possible in Hanoi.

Had done some extensive research, even contacted some tour companies as there is a helicopter ride that will take you into Hanoi in 30 minutes. But the price, day the heli ride operates (only Saturdays) & all the logistic involved was way too complicated.

Still have one window open on the Chan May port. On arrival there tour Hoi Ann, depart to Hanoi, overnight there & join the ship when it gets to HB. It might work but need to work on that a bit further. I think I will have to fly from Hoi An to Hanoi as according to some opinions the train option might not be the best.

For our itinerary, the only possible way to do Hanoi will be: a 4 hour in HB the first day, depart from HB to Hanoi, overnight there, the next day tour Hanoi & return to the ship.

Originally that was my plan. But as HB is a priority for me decided to do a full day on HB the second day there. Hope I did the right decision in concentrating more in HB & skipping Hanoi.

Decisions, decisions, decisions .... even though I love all the planning involved in trips, sometimes it could be overwhelming.

Ottawa and Easy Spirit have you been on the Paul Gauguin to Tahiti. If you have or if you havent join me on the Paul Gauguin board. We will be going for our 7th PG trip in Jan 2013 and our 8th in July 2014!

Jewellery lovers can purchase those gorgeous Tahaitian pearls.

Ottawa and Easy Spirit have you been on the Paul Gauguin to Tahiti. If you have or if you havent join me on the Paul Gauguin board. We will be going for our 7th PG trip in Jan 2013 and our 8th in July 2014!

Jewellery lovers can purchase those gorgeous Tahaitian pearls.

Tahiti is on our Bucket list. Feb '13 is when we are going to SE Asia, but will take a look at '14.

Obviously PG is a favorite of yours, so tell me a bit about it. Ahhh Tahitian pearls!

Thanxs lesley:)

I think the email for kim was posted earlier.

sourtkimsan at yahoo.com

Lesley come join me on the Paul Gauguin board to know about the PG. If you do plan going I can refer you to give you an OBC!

Easyspirit Have you contacted Kimsan yet? I have sent him a couple of emails from his web site but have not heard back from him??

Miriam do you have an email address for him?

Thanxs

lesley

No ... I have not contacted Kim San yet. Not too good that he has not replied to your emails. Please let me know if he do reply.

What I did received was proposals from 2 different tour companies regarding the 2 day trip from Chan May to visit Hoi An & Hanoi.

Quite interesting, NOT too cheap, but included a 5*hotel, meals, air fare & mostly all the sightseeing in both cities. I am seriously considering it.

Overall.... the suggested itinerary needs a little tweak in Hanoi to include few things I want, but do not foresee any problem with that.

I just noticed our itinerary is a bit different from yours, specially with the Chan May port.

I will go straight from Hanoi to Halong Bay (3.5 hours driving distance).

You have a sea day in between the Chan May port & HCMC port.... different logistic involved.

Plus more overnights outside the ship, meaning the double-payment.

I think the email for kim was posted earlier.

sourtkimsan at yahoo.com

Lesley come join me on the Paul Gauguin board to know about the PG. If you do plan going I can refer you to give you an OBC!

Oops, your right, I picked up the website but not the email address. Mucho thanxs, I have emailed him directly

lesley

No ... I have not contacted Kim San yet. Not too good that he has not replied to your emails. Please let me know if he do reply.

What I did received was proposals from 2 different tour companies regarding the 2 day trip from Chan May to visit Hoi An & Hanoi.

Quite interesting, NOT too cheap, but included a 5*hotel, meals, air fare & mostly all the sightseeing in both cities. I am seriously considering it.

Overall.... the suggested itinerary needs a little tweak in Hanoi to include few things I want, but do not foresee any problem with that.

I just noticed our itinerary is a bit different from yours, specially with the Chan May port.

I will go straight from Hanoi to Halong Bay (3.5 hours driving distance).

You have a sea day in between the Chan May port & HCMC port.... different logistic involved.

Plus more overnights outside the ship, meaning the double-payment.

I would be interested in taking a look at what you have come up with, it might give me some ideas. So as not to bore everyone on this board, my email is lpc8130atgmaildotcom

I would be interested in taking a look at what you have come up with, it might give me some ideas. So as not to bore everyone on this board, my email is lpc8130atgmaildotcom

Sorry.... the emails did not go thru. If you want email me at tivolinyatyahoodotcom & I will forward them to you.

Doris

Archived