Weather in December?

Michaline

I'll be traveling Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas, San Juan & St. Maarten from 12/17 - 12/24. I'm sure many of you have travelled during this time. Are there usually storms or rough weather during this time? I've heard of some people having only 1 sunny day at sea.

I'll be traveling Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas, San Juan & St. Maarten from 12/17 - 12/24. I'm sure many of you have travelled during this time. Are there usually storms or rough weather during this time? I've heard of some people having only 1 sunny day at sea.

We did the Eastern Caribbean in December in 2004. It was unusually cold in Florida, so our day at Princess Cays (Bahamas) was cold and disappointing. The weather in St. Thomas and St. Maarten was perfect beach weather. The chances of having great weather in December are incredibly high, but sometimes weather is atypical. We sailed to the Southern Caribbean this past February (which is the dry season). Had tons of rain and really rough seas (10-20 foot swells). The Captain described the weather as "miserable" and told us the weather the previous week had been beautiful. The weather has been weird all year. We actually got snow one day this winter, and this should never happen since we live in Sunny Southern California (just North of San Diego).

Archived