Can't seem to get excited......

im4clowns

Final payment is due tomorrow for our August cruise on the dream and I just can't seem to get excited. Normally, by time final payment is here I am overly excited!!!

I don't know if after 18 cruises it is time for a break from cruising. I guess I better decide by tomorrow, right?

Anyone else feel like this?

Not me, I'm over 20+ cruises and still get excited.

Sounds like it time for you to take a break from cruising and try another form of vacation.

I also do a few land trips each year to mix things up.

Also, think about doing something other than caribbean cruises.

Never! :eek: I'm always ready & excited to smell the ocean air, hear the familiar sounds of the ship, and not to mention the beautiful sunrises & sunsets. B-) Not having to cook, clean, wash dishes, do laundry, make up a bed or answer a phone......No traffic, no work, no schedules. Instead total relaxation time, a drink by the pool, or from a lounge chair as the ocean slips by....dancing @ the club, winning on the slots....sex on the beach OR a margarita! :-D I'm excited for ya....not to mention jealous! You deserve this break, enjoy the he** out of it! ;-)

Matt never gets excited until we're about to get on the ship. I, on the other hand, bubble over with excitement from the minute we book. :P I'll randomly turn to Matt and say exuberantly "CRUISE!!!"

Have done all there is to do on the ships and ports yet? Maybe it would help to get excited about individual aspects instead of the cruise in general. :) Either way, have a great vacation!

Final payment is due tomorrow for our August cruise on the dream and I just can't seem to get excited. Normally, by time final payment is here I am overly excited!!!

I don't know if after 18 cruises it is time for a break from cruising. I guess I better decide by tomorrow, right?

I'm right there with ya. Our last cruise in February I actually went into my dresser and pulled out clothes to wear the night before we left really not putting much thought into it.

We were going to do an AI this year but air is so high.

After 25 cruises and all the changes that have happened in the last 2 years I believe I'm ready for a change.

Bill

That happens to me a lot now too after 34 cruises. I think my excitement is directly related to how bad I need a break from work, how much of a hassle it is to get ready to be gone and where we're going. Changing up cruise lines and itineraries are important combined with a few short land trips throughout the year. Sometimes I've boarded a ship and the excitement (as I knew it) never does happen but I'm always glad by about day 3 to be away from real life!

I'm most excited about a trip to Alaska in 2013 but it's the week on land (on our own) in and around the Kenai peninsula that interests me. The cruise is just another way to leisurely travel south to come home and see some more awesome scenery.

I always get a lull in excitement in the last weeks just before a cruise, partly because I'm acutely aware of all the details that need be taken care of -- and partly because I tend to look at everything with an eye towards the worst case scenario. (It's great to have a plan for every little disaster that might pop up during a vacation, but it can really drain the excitement away fast!)

It doesn't help to have about a half-dozen pre-cruise dreams about forgetting my passport or money or credit and bank cards, either. The nagging worries finally fall away when I finally get onto the ship.

I'm feeling the same way you are. We just got off the Liberty 2 weeks ago and are booked for the Ecstasy for July 16th. I planned the Ecstasy spur of the moment and am regretting it now. I tried to switch and go back on Liberty in July but Carnival wanted an ADDITIONAL $400 fee to switch it even though we would be paying over $800 for the increase in price for 5-7 days plus a $50 booking fee and would have to rebuy our insurance if the company wouldn't transfer it. Needless to say, we are stuck doing the Ecstasy.

My hubby is in such a bad mood about it and doesn't even want to go. He's beverages been on one of the smaller ships and I haven't been since high school. Plus, the majority of the reviews are bad!!!

Hoping that I get in the mood soon!! Hope that you will also!! Try to throw a land vacation in if you can!! :)

They say planning is 90%. Our past 2 cruises both my dh and I kind of felt like that. I'm thinking that it was because we've been going to the caribbean and not really seeing different things. We're going to try to do a NE/Canada cruise which will be more site seeing then laying around in the sun. Don't get me wrong, I love laying around in the sun. When I look at doing a land vacation and start figuring out how much it will cost compared to a cruise, we go back to the cruise.

I am sorry that you all are not excited...I am (perhaps stupidly) usually very excited to go on any cruise....:cool:

I hope that the recent complaint threads don't bring down your spirits...it did for me a bit, all the talk of "cutbacks" .. and ...yes...there are cutbacks...we all have to admit that

If you don't live right by the port, you might try driving or flying in a day or two early to start your vacation early, stay at a neat hotel , do some "touristy" things

Check out the "port of call" boards for ideas of things to do at your ship's ports

See if you can get recent copies of the fun times/menus for "your ship" and plan out your time

My own personal favorite thing to do is look for great things to do on shore, places to check out, eat, shop, find what to buy or do in the port, and of course I am always searching for bargains ,sometimes doesn't work so great but usually it does :)

Have fun !!

I get that way in the final weeks before the cruise with all the pressure of getting ready and making sure everything is is place. Last cruise I was that way weeks before, but we still had a good time. Is it the time of year you area cruising, maybe? the itinerary? Stresses that affect your excitement? Once you are the deck of the ship I bet you feel differently. Are you the planner and all responsibility falls on you?

I think most of us have felt that way at one time or another. Hope you have a great cruise! And if you don't enjoy it, take a break or try another line. Maybe a new itinerary.

This has happened to me a couple of times over the years. I would just mark it up to cruise "burn out". I would even mentally blame it on Carnival and think a different line would maybe make a big difference. But I never waivered. I would just go several years without cruising, going on every run and every meet of my SSR truck club. Doing other things instead. But ALWAYS came back to cruising and CARNIVAL.:D

Archived