Epic disembarkation in Barcelona

Zoning out

Can anyone tell me how early I could plan to meet a tour in the city when disembarking in Barcelona. I doubt we would be able to use the 'walk-off' option as we have too much luggage (though it would be helpful to know when this starts) but would like to schedule a tour that leaves in Barcelona (not at the port) around 8:30am. Is this feasible? The cab ride should be less than 15 minutes. Can anyone give us guidance on this. Is the customs process a relatively quick process in Barcelona? Are cabs easily available?

As the Epic sails from and EU port and never leaves the EU on these 7 day runs there is no customs and immigration to delay anyone.

When we sailed the disembarkation commenced around 7AM. For some reason I cannot ever fathom it seems people are anxious to leave the ship so the lines I saw while eating my leisurely breakfast to get off and for taxis were long. Town is 10 -15 mins plus traffic is bad in the mornings so allow extra time for that.

Can anyone tell me how early I could plan to meet a tour in the city when disembarking in Barcelona. I doubt we would be able to use the 'walk-off' option as we have too much luggage (though it would be helpful to know when this starts) but would like to schedule a tour that leaves in Barcelona (not at the port) around 8:30am. Is this feasible? The cab ride should be less than 15 minutes. Can anyone give us guidance on this. Is the customs process a relatively quick process in Barcelona? Are cabs easily available?

We just finished our Epic cruise in Barcelona and disembarked at 8:15. We were among the last groups to disembark. I think groups were leaving the ship as early as 6.

You may have trouble finding a tour group to meet you that early. Try Barcelona Day Tours.

Whatever you decide, just be sure you have a secure plan for your luggage. One time we took a cab to our hotel (too early to check in) and the hotel securely stored our luggage until later in the day. We began our sightseeing from the hotel on Las Ramblas.

The only time on any cruise I've ever heard of a luggage problem was in Barcelona the last time we were there. A couple on our travel agency transfer bus could not locate theirs in the terminal. Never heard how that turned out in the end but did see a rather suspicious vehicle parked nearby as we left....with luggage visible on the outside. Hope terminal security has dealt with this issue by now. That was December 2011.

Archived