Cruise changes by Carnival, we sail in 12 days!

norcalal

Hey there-

I booked my own through Cabo Adventures and PV Adventures. I booked the Lands End tour and the Pirate tour in PV. I am sad that we are losing two hours in PV... and I had to confirm that we would be back in time for the ship to leave. They did say even through we are losing 2 hours, we should be fine.

They were wonderful switching everything around to the correct dates. I got the confirmation emails and everything today.

I know it is not swimming with the dolphins, but you may want to call them. They were wonderful to work with

Take care!

hi what time are we getting in to port on june 20. the zip line company say 10:00 a.m. what time did they tell you?

The email I got says "We will make every effort to adjust pre-purchased shore excursions to the new times. In the event your tour is affected, you will be notified on an individual basis."

I think they are scrambling today and need to iron out the kinks.

hi what time are we getting in to port on june 20. the zip line company say 10:00 a.m. what time did they tell you?

My email says 8-6 for Wednesday in Puerto Vallarta. But I'm not sure what ship time and local time are.

Funny you should mention that. I had originally booked directly with Cabo Adventures and when that hurricane popped up last week, I decided to book through the ship as it is a tender port and anything can happen. I figured the extra hundred bucks was insurance.

You know, they have been wonderful to work with. They even have a guarantee that if you dont tender, you dont pay for the excursions. That is why I booked with them independently. And when I had to change things, they were great to work with.

Also, I am assuming it is SHIP time that we get in. So, Cabo would be one hour earlier then on the page and PV would be 2 hours earlier than what is on the page.

Thanks!

You know, they have been wonderful to work with. They even have a guarantee that if you dont tender, you dont pay for the excursions. That is why I booked with them independently. And when I had to change things, they were great to work with.

Also, I am assuming it is SHIP time that we get in. So, Cabo would be one hour earlier then on the page and PV would be 2 hours earlier than what is on the page.

Thanks!

Thank you for the information.

I have been holding out on making reservations for zip lining with Los Veranos in PV because I'm confused as to WHEN I should take the tour due to the time differences. Now I'm happy I haven't made the reservation yet but I am still confused. Is arrival time in PV one hour ahead or behind true shore time? I have also two hours ahead or behind. I would hate to pay an extra $100 to book with the ship because I can't figure out this time issue. Can anyone help me? Has anyone booked ziplining with an outside company? If so, what is the safest time to take the tour? We were thinking the 11:00 would be the safest.

I have been holding out on making reservations for zip lining with Los Veranos in PV because I'm confused as to WHEN I should take the tour due to the time differences. Now I'm happy I haven't made the reservation yet but I am still confused. Is arrival time in PV one hour ahead or behind true shore time? I have also two hours ahead or behind. I would hate to pay an extra $100 to book with the ship because I can't figure out this time issue. Can anyone help me? Has anyone booked ziplining with an outside company? If so, what is the safest time to take the tour? We were thinking the 11:00 would be the safest.

I wish I knew. I read somewhere that they ship's clock moves by an hour so you are only an hour different in Puerto Vallarta. But then I'm not quite certain if it's ahead or behind. All the math is confusing and I don't even have vacation brain yet. Hence, I chose ship excursions.

I think PV is 2 hrs ahead.(central)...but consider that the tour operators know what time the ship gets in and they schedule their tours accordingly. Their paycheck depends on getting it right.

contact John heald he should be able to help

finally something that Mr. Heald should be contacted about for assistance

instead of the usual begging-whining-i-am-special-so-do-something-special-for-me stuff i usually read...

please let us know how this is resolved! good luck!

finally something that Mr. Heald should be contacted about for assistance

instead of the usual begging-whining-i-am-special-so-do-something-special-for-me stuff i usually read...

please let us know how this is resolved! good luck!

Thanks for the advice, but I think we are too close to sailing. Some of the responses are weeks behind.

I did finally get a hold of Cabo Adventures via chat and they finally (took 30 minutes) were able to tell me that the Splendor does have Dolphin swim times for both of the reversed days.

I have had faith all along that this would work out but my faith was clouded by their inability to even notify me of these changes let alone confirm that they made the necessary changes. Maybe I ask too much:rolleyes:

Hi we are doing a zip line going at 11:30 and the tickets are two for the price of one give me a couple of hours will let you know the name of the company if you want you can join us.

I cannot get a straight answer from Carnival. I have been on the phone for the last hour.

Cruise Critic member alerted us about itinerary changes on 6/17/12 Splendor cruise due to G-20 Summit in Cabo

We have not received notice.

The main purpose of this particular cruise is so my daughter can swim with the dolphins. Cabo Adventures is one of the only venues in the western hemisphere where a full time wheelchair user, who cannot walk at all, can participate in the swim. (do not confuse venues that have encounters)

Carnival admits the change and tells me we will get confirmation on the ship.

As I read their itinerary cancellation policy I believe that I have the option to cancel and receive a full refund, if done so within 24 hrs of receiving word of the change, even with only 12 days left.

Carnival knew about the G-20 Summit, for at least a year. They chose now to make the change!

I am angry that I cannot get a straight answer. What are my options?

your itenarary should update as soon as they change it.

Thanks for the advice, but I think we are too close to sailing. Some of the responses are weeks behind.

This is very true on JH's blog, but his FB page stays pretty current. Someone asked yesterday about pre-paid Carnival excursions on the Splendor cruise rearranged due to the G-20 summit. JH's response was that tours would be automatically swapped over and the new tickets would be in the staterooms. You can find the question and answer down a ways on his FB page. Wasn't sure if I was allowed to copy and paste it here. Hope this is reassuring for you. What a wonderful experience for your daughter to have!

Well this is who we you Puertovallartatours.net. Then look under canopy tour we are taking Mundo nogalito it is 2 for 1 .are time is 11;30 a.m. if you want to join us.

Time to put this on hold and look for the best outcome. We leave Sat for Long Beach. I am in my double-check mode as we travel with two wheelchairs and need to make sure our transfers will accommodate. We are staying at the Maya and even though they provide complementary shuttle to the pier, we know that their vans are not wc accessible. It will be a challenge to get a wc accessible cab to show up for the 3/4 mile trip.

When I travel, especially with my daughter who is a full-time wc user, I like to have all my ducks in a row. I know from past experience that there is a good chance that "Murphy" will show up.

Maybe I am asking too much, but I simply don't understand why I (and my TA) cannot get a straight answer. If they can post the reversed itinerary on the "My cruise" page, why not the revised excursions.

I have been on the phone for a total of 65 minutes, written 3 emails and have sent another to JH and get nothing but a canned answer.

Sure, this is a rant, and I am not through yet. But I am putting it on hold and will enjoy the week on the Splendor. I will come back afterward and let you know what happened. I am optimistic, but I still think I have a right to get a straight answer.

Archived