Cruise changes by Carnival, we sail in 12 days!

norcalal

I cannot get a straight answer from Carnival. I have been on the phone for the last hour.

Cruise Critic member alerted us about itinerary changes on 6/17/12 Splendor cruise due to G-20 Summit in Cabo

We have not received notice.

The main purpose of this particular cruise is so my daughter can swim with the dolphins. Cabo Adventures is one of the only venues in the western hemisphere where a full time wheelchair user, who cannot walk at all, can participate in the swim. (do not confuse venues that have encounters)

Carnival admits the change and tells me we will get confirmation on the ship.

As I read their itinerary cancellation policy I believe that I have the option to cancel and receive a full refund, if done so within 24 hrs of receiving word of the change, even with only 12 days left.

Carnival knew about the G-20 Summit, for at least a year. They chose now to make the change!

I am angry that I cannot get a straight answer. What are my options?

Why not call your booking agent, explain the situation (and your special circumstances, and explain that you want to cancel and rebook without penalty and such, based on the "intent" of the associated itinerary change policy? If that doesn't work, ask to have a conference call with a supervisor. If that doesn't work, ask your booking agent to request to have this "elevated" to the "Guest Solutions" Desk in Colorado. ken

Why not call your booking agent, explain the situation (and your special circumstances, and explain that you want to cancel and rebook without penalty and such, based on the "intent" of the associated itinerary change policy? If that doesn't work, ask to have a conference call with a supervisor. If that doesn't work, ask your booking agent to request to have this "elevated" to the "Guest Solutions" Desk in Colorado. ken

What they are telling me (resoultions) "Trust me, there is nothing to worry about, but I cannot confirm that!" This from the same who waited until 12 days before the cruise to mention it.

Ouch...I don't think you have time to post on their forum (you could try but may not get answer in time)

I am worried that they tell you there is nothing to "worry" about...

how far up the "food chain" have you gone?? Have you spoken to supervisor/s or just the pvp/customer service etc?? There can be a lot of misinformation from the pvp's and customer service people.

Is anyone there willing to give you a definite answer in WRITING>..along with a definite answer as to what they will do IF this "changes"?

I really hope your daughter is able to realize her dream, that is a very special situation and I sure do not blame you for being upset here. Hang in there,

keep at them...and let us know what is happening. I hope someone can give you more ideas

You are still going to Cabo for two days, just not the same as you booked. I would get in contact with the vendor, I think they would be able to take you on the days you are in Cabo. It looks like Splendor will be the only ship in Cabo all of that week. So I bet you will be OK.

You are still going to Cabo for two days, just not the same as you booked. I would get in contact with the vendor, I think they would be able to take you on the days you are in Cabo. It looks like Splendor will be the only ship in Cabo all of that week. So I bet you will be OK.

Cabo Adventures has a deal with Carnival that stipulates that you must book with Carnival. We were confirmed for Tues. The Splendor will now be in Cabo Thur and Fri.

Its not that unusual for Carnival to wait until people are coming into the port to hand out a paper saying they changed the itinerary. I've had it done. If you miss a port you are refunded the port TAXES (not the port fees), thats all. Been there done that, but it didnt bother me but I can see in the OPs situation where it would really be a pain.

Good luck OP. I hope they do not change your ports around, but as others say, the vendors usually are informed and know which day you will show up and are there waiting on the different date.

Cabo Adventures has a deal with Carnival that stipulates that you must book with Carnival. We were confirmed for Tues. The Splendor will now be in Cabo Thur and Fri.

If you booked this excursion thru Carnival,then I would bet your reservation is being transferred to Thur. or Friday. Everyone who booked excursions for that day will probably just be moved.

Pat

If you booked this excursion thru Carnival,then I would bet your reservation is being transferred to Thur. or Friday. Everyone who booked excursions for that day will probably just be moved.

Pat

That would be my thought also.

I agree, if you booked the excursion thru Carnival and they will still be going to the same port, just a different day, they will change your excursion date for you.

They do the same thing when they reverse the itinerary for a cruise. They just move the excursions. The only time you really have to worry is if you book outside of Carnival with a company that won't work with the whims of a cruise line.

Glad you will still be going to Cabo and your daughter will be able to swim with the dolphins. Take lots of pictures.

I agree, if you booked the excursion thru Carnival and they will still be going to the same port, just a different day, they will change your excursion date for you.

They do the same thing when they reverse the itinerary for a cruise. They just move the excursions. The only time you really have to worry is if you book outside of Carnival with a company that won't work with the whims of a cruise line.

Glad you will still be going to Cabo and your daughter will be able to swim with the dolphins. Take lots of pictures.

All true and thanks for the good wishes. But I can't get Carnival to confirm this. If we could not do this swim I would cancel under the provisions of their change policy (as I understand it) and get a full refund!

I don't want to do this as we have one of the best (non-suites) cabins on the ship (6485) and an HC spa cabin. The whole family of six would be bummed out. As per the cancel policy, I have 24 hrs to decide!

For goodness sake, do not cancel the trip. If it is a Carnival sponsored excursion that you booked it will be switched to your new days. Trust me Carnival will not lose out on all their pre-booked excursion money!

Have a blast!

I cannot get a straight answer from Carnival. I have been on the phone for the last hour.

Cruise Critic member alerted us about itinerary changes on 6/17/12 Splendor cruise due to G-20 Summit in Cabo

We have not received notice.

The main purpose of this particular cruise is so my daughter can swim with the dolphins. Cabo Adventures is one of the only venues in the western hemisphere where a full time wheelchair user, who cannot walk at all, can participate in the swim. (do not confuse venues that have encounters)

Carnival admits the change and tells me we will get confirmation on the ship.

As I read their itinerary cancellation policy I believe that I have the option to cancel and receive a full refund, if done so within 24 hrs of receiving word of the change, even with only 12 days left.

Carnival knew about the G-20 Summit, for at least a year. They chose now to make the change!

I am angry that I cannot get a straight answer. What are my options?

Hi I on this cruise too. I call the zip lines company the know more then carnival and they move me now to wednesday.

Hey there-

I booked my own through Cabo Adventures and PV Adventures. I booked the Lands End tour and the Pirate tour in PV. I am sad that we are losing two hours in PV... and I had to confirm that we would be back in time for the ship to leave. They did say even through we are losing 2 hours, we should be fine.

They were wonderful switching everything around to the correct dates. I got the confirmation emails and everything today.

I know it is not swimming with the dolphins, but you may want to call them. They were wonderful to work with

Take care!

Hey there-

I booked my own through Cabo Adventures and PV Adventures. I booked the Lands End tour and the Pirate tour in PV. I am sad that we are losing two hours in PV... and I had to confirm that we would be back in time for the ship to leave. They did say even through we are losing 2 hours, we should be fine.

They were wonderful switching everything around to the correct dates. I got the confirmation emails and everything today.

I know it is not swimming with the dolphins, but you may want to call them. They were wonderful to work with

Take care!

Funny you should mention that. I had originally booked directly with Cabo Adventures and when that hurricane popped up last week, I decided to book through the ship as it is a tender port and anything can happen. I figured the extra hundred bucks was insurance.

Archived