NBA Finals onboard Journey?

Nitemare

Any chance they'll be showing the Finals on the in room TVs or in public areas?

Games start at 9PM EDT, so early to mid afternoon in the Baltic. Might not be able to watch much, but would like a chance if we're onboard

Hello Nitemare -

How about the Oklahoma Thunder comeback!

I'll be pleased to check with our hotel operations team and then let you know. I suspect that you'll be totally focused on tomorrow's Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtic's game.

I wish for the best for you so that the evening doesn't become a "nitemare!'

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Nitemare -

How about the Oklahoma Thunder comeback!

I'll be pleased to check with our hotel operations team and then let you know. I suspect that you'll be totally focused on tomorrow's Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtic's game.

I wish for the best for you so that the evening doesn't become a "nitemare!'

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks, Bill. It would be great to see old friend Kendrick Perkins back in the Gahden for some June hoops again.

I may just have to develop a scratchy throat and send my DW out on her own on, ohhhh, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.

If the game starts at 21:00 Eastern time, live coverage would be at 04:00 in CPH, 0r 06:00 in St Petersburg. (a bit early).

If you can't get the game on the ship's TV, you will generally be able to get it on the radio, on one of the USA armed forces stations.

If the game starts at 21:00 Eastern time, live coverage would be at 04:00 in CPH, 0r 06:00 in St Petersburg. (a bit early).

If you can't get the game on the ship's TV, you will generally be able to get it on the radio, on one of the USA armed forces stations.

Duh, I'm used to going west (california, Hawaii) and having games on earlier.

Early early morning and Nitemare don't get along so well.

Hello Nitemare -

I've learned that we will have NBA Finals coverage. Maybe, you'll decide to have breakfast in bed while you enjoy the game.

Best wishes for a wonderful vacation ahead!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Nitemare -

I've learned that we will have NBA Finals coverage. Maybe, you'll decide to have breakfast in bed while you enjoy the game.

Best wishes for a wonderful vacation ahead!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill:

As it turns out it did not matter for me (darn those Heat!), but I will reply and say that there was definitely not any NBA Finals action available for viewing onboard (other than the pathetic "ESPN America" replay of Game 3 of the series on the morning of Game 4). I understand totally that Azamara does not control what ESPN America (the only sportschannel on the stateroom TV with sports) shows (did get to see the end of the US Open Golf championship live, which was nice), but there was not ability to watch the NBA Finals if we chose to do so.

Full review of the cruise coming soon, we were extremely pleased with just about everything to do with the experience.

Bill:

As it turns out it did not matter for me (darn those Heat!), but I will reply and say that there was definitely not any NBA Finals action available for viewing onboard (other than the pathetic "ESPN America" replay of Game 3 of the series on the morning of Game 4). I understand totally that Azamara does not control what ESPN America (the only sportschannel on the stateroom TV with sports) shows (did get to see the end of the US Open Golf championship live, which was nice), but there was not ability to watch the NBA Finals if we chose to do so.

Full review of the cruise coming soon, we were extremely pleased with just about everything to do with the experience.

Hello Nitemare -

I'm pleased that your vacation was a success and we'll be looking forward to your review.

I'll pass on your comments to hotel operations about the non-coverage of the NBA finals provided on ESPN America so they can look into the reason why it was not available.

In the meantime, good luck to the Boston Celtics for next year ...

And, we hope to welcome you onboard again on Azamara sometime in the future!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Nitemare -

I'm pleased that your vacation was a success and we'll be looking forward to your review.

I'll pass on your comments to hotel operations about the non-coverage of the NBA finals provided on ESPN America so they can look into the reason why it was not available.

In the meantime, good luck to the Boston Celtics for next year ...

And, we hope to welcome you onboard again on Azamara sometime in the future!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

We'll definitely be back. Planning to do an Azamara vs. Oceania R class comparison summary in the next few days (short version: other than food, AZ is equal or better on all counts). Just have to pick our next destination!

Archived