Twin baby cruising

bearette

My husband and I love to travel and we had twins in March. We talked about taking them on a cruise in December when they will be 9 months old. My question is what do cruise lines have to make cruising with babies easier? High chairs, cribs etc? Also what did you find was a necessity to take with you or you wish you would have had? *please no posts about why I shouldn't take my babies*.

All lines will have highchairs and cribs or Pack & Plays....

You will need to bring everything "baby related" that you'll need....all the diapers, wipes, lotions and potions....the ships have few, if any "baby" items. Some lines have diapers for sale in advance and can have them delivered to your cabin....but that's still more costly than bringing your own! Bring any and all medications that you use regularly and MIGHT use....baby nose drops, benadryl, etc...

You should bring a small, blow-up tub, unless you book a cabin with a tub. Most cabins only have showers! You can also use the little tub for splashing on the pool deck. Most ship's do not allow anyone in diapers (not even "swimmies!) in the pools.

You will need a stroller...lots and lots of walking on a ship! And, don't forget the "blankies" or other comfort items!

Cruising with your babies will be no different from any other family vacation...except that buying baby things will be more difficult!

A few ships offer babysitting/nursery for babies, but not many and the times can be limited depending on the ship. The only line that provides actual baby food that I'm aware of is Princess (must be pre-ordered through special services), but Princess offers absolutely no child-care at all for under-threes.

As a fellow twin mom, I won't try to talk you out of cruising with your babies - our first cruise was the best week of our lives up to that time. As cb said above, you have to bring everything you'll need. I just put a luggage tag on a huge box of diapers and checked it in. A comfortable tandem stroller is a must as well.

Happy to answer any questions you have.

Best,

Mia

We are leaving in 12 days for our first cruise with out new baby. I just wanted to say I love seeing families taking their babies places with them. I can't wait til our baby can experience cruising. :) my 11 year old loves it. I hope you have a great vacation.

I cruised with my twin girls at 18 months on Disney and we will be sailing on Sunday on Carnival. They are now 24 months old.

We requested for two pack n plays in our room. We would set it up for nap time and our steward would set it up at night. We brought a double stroller we managed to get through the doors just fine. It would get tricky at times on the Lido deck but saying excuse me will get people to move out of the way. I see this no different than someone in a wheel chair. Fit fine on the elevators too.

You will have to bring all the baby essentials with you. If you forget something you can always get it at your first port. Formula,bottles,bottle brush and soap,Diapers,wipes,baby shampoo,lotion,powder,sunblock,extra clothes,disposable bibs,baby food snacks,baby spoon/fork,juice,medicine,toys, baby blanket, ect. to name a few things.

The twins sat in high chairs in the MDR and buffet. On the lido deck and by the pool we feed them in their stroller. We asked if we could order some puréed food on the first night and we were told that they would see what they could do. The maitre d' saw to it that we got some sort of puréed food for the girls every night at dinner. We also feed them from our plate or something from the kids menu. For breakfast they enjoyed oatmeal and bananas. For snack some fruit or cheerios and lunch we would give them food from our plate that we would shred or mash up. Plenty of water too. We brought some water and juice but the ships water is filtered.

My husband was really good about taking them in the stroller for a walk around the jogging track to give me some time for myself. We also did the babysitting thing at night for two hours for a fee. So worth it and my girls liked being there. Your babies may not be walking yet but we let our girls run around in one of the lounges so they could burn some energy.

We had a great time and looking forward to our next cruise this weekend. Yes, babies cry and get cranky but don't let that discourage you from cruising. I did not have to fly since I have a port near me but I don't think I'm ready to fly with them just yet. Kudos to parents that have successfully done this.

Brandy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We cruised with ODS at 10 months and enjoyed it so much we took him back again at 22 months and have booked another cruise when he'll be 3 and YDS will be just shy of 10 months!

Yes, they provide great PNP and high chairs, although I do recommend bringing your own sheets and bedding.

I pre-ordered diapers from the cruise line and that was a mistake - wrong size was delivered twice, took them 24 hours to get us the right size. From now on I'll just bring my own!

We loved having our stroller with us, but we managed to travel without the car seat. An inflatable tub was great fun on both trips, so that's a must have for us now! I brought disposable bibs and place mats both times - only really used them when he was younger. Much better with eating now! I liked having scented bags to dispose of dirty diapers, much more pleasant for us and the state room attendant!

What cruise line are you thinking about???

We live near LA so the only line that cruises from there is Carnival now. We have done about 20 cruises but never with kids. My sister may join us along with my parents for a family vacation. Her son will be 21 months. We wanted to avoid flying since they wanted to charge me full price for them even if they were lap sitting. Anyone who has flown with babies I would love to hear frOm you as well since I am interested in the logistics. Also for those who took a car seat. How easy was it to use it in a taxi or rental car?

Archived