Can it be done??

Peery5

We have booked the Eclipse for the 2012 New years sailing. I wanted an accessible verandah cabin (I am disable and use a scooter) and the only thing available was ocean view and a suite. Wanted to do a suite for an anniversary gift to DW but can't afford it now. We booked an ocean view accessible but here is the dilemma.

I would prefer a balcony cabin over an ocean view. There are plenty of verandah cabins available in all categories for the able bodied. My question is this: Are there any verandah cabins, short of a suite, that I could have room to park my scooter at night to charge it and still have a little room to maneuver about in the cabin? I don't necessarily need a H/A bathroom because I also use a cane and with my DW's help, I can facilitate the standard bathroom. My scooter measures 22 inches wide.

Thanks for any information you can give, positive or negative. We have sailed on Celebrity once before and loved it so naturally we took advantage of the 14 day cruise. We even cancelled a Princess cruise in order to take this one.

Tom

We have booked the Eclipse for the 2012 New years sailing. I wanted an accessible verandah cabin (I am disable and use a scooter) and the only thing available was ocean view and a suite. Wanted to do a suite for an anniversary gift to DW but can't afford it now. We booked an ocean view accessible but here is the dilemma.

I would prefer a balcony cabin over an ocean view. There are plenty of verandah cabins available in all categories for the able bodied. My question is this: Are there any verandah cabins, short of a suite, that I could have room to park my scooter at night to charge it and still have a little room to maneuver about in the cabin? I don't necessarily need a H/A bathroom because I also use a cane and with my DW's help, I can facilitate the standard bathroom. My scooter measures 22 inches wide.

Thanks for any information you can give, positive or negative. We have sailed on Celebrity once before and loved it so naturally we took advantage of the 14 day cruise. We even cancelled a Princess cruise in order to take this one.

Tom

I would ask your TA to ask for you to be wait listed for an accessible cabin.

Go for the balcony you will enjoy it on a 14 night cruise.

I know you say the holiday sailing but have you looked at the next cruise?

You may find that you could afford a suite

I know you say the holiday sailing but have you looked at the next cruise? You may find that you could afford a suite

Due to my DW's work constraints this is the only time frame that is favorable to us. Plus we are traveling with another couple.

Do you have to be on the Eclipse? Is there an M-class sailing that might be available? If so, there are some non-verandah cabins which have extra room in them and the scooter would not be a problem -- 7000, 7001, 7002, 7003, 8002, 8003. No verandah, but extra interior room.

I use a scooter and found a Sunset Veranda, one that has the bed near the window, can easily accommodate your scooter. You can park it in front of the sofa and still have room to walk about. But, if you need the accessible bathroom, you won't have that in an SV cabin.

Well, if that's true, than ANY balcony cabin with the bed by the window should be able to accomodate the scooter--I believe the SV's are the identical cabin size to the regular balcony cabins. You'd just need to be sure of the bed location whch is easily determined. Check the sticky at the top!

Archived