Who's Your NCL Hero?

Happy HALer

have you met him or are you saing that because he works for Carnival. Either way, pot kettle!

Yes I have on a cruise where he did nothing but whine over the PA because a passenger called him a lair in a private note. It was very unprofessional.

I have never called an individual out by name on these boards, and am sorry I did so, but I am answering your question, so itis clear y statement had nothing to do with the cruise line other than it is an NCL thread.

I was hot, sweaty, and sitting by the pool when a server walked by and stopped to say hello. He was wearing a button that read, " ask me to be your vacation hero.". So I asked if he would be my vacation hero. He replied, "Of course I will!". I was suddenly misted with a fresh spray of cool water from a bottle and minutes later he brought me cooled cut fruit on a skewer. I thought that very cool of course!

Coka

My heros are.....

They are the invisible people that get your luggage to your room. They are the people that load all the yummy food on board or load the ferry ships for the Great Stirrup Cay BBQ's. All the hidden people that usually dont get acknowledged are my heros. They work just as hard but without any recognition.

There are so many hard jobs or not so glamorous jobs that I would like to recognize. WIthout them, we could not enjoy our cruise.

Very valid points.

A hero is someone who risks great danger to themselves for others. I have yet to come across any such situation on a cruise ship.

1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.

3. the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.

John Heald LOL

NCL Corporate should DEFINITELY think of this man as their hero.... :D

I have has so many good experiences with NCL crew, that I must say I would give all the hotel directors hero status because they create the good mood in the crew that translates to absolutely awesome service.

My two favorite thus far (I have only sailed NCL 5x at this point) are Hugo and Rosita...Most people know of Hugo, who is just magnificent. Rosita is a HD that fills in for other HD's when they are on a break...so she travels from ship to ship and constantly is working with a new team/system and she pulls it off beautifully.

I love NCL officers and crew...ALL of them. They are different from the officers/crew of any other line I have sailed and they are why I sail NCL.

My heros are.....

They are the invisible people that get your luggage to your room. They are the people that load all the yummy food on board or load the ferry ships for the Great Stirrup Cay BBQ's. All the hidden people that usually dont get acknowledged are my heros. They work just as hard but without any recognition.

There are so many hard jobs or not so glamorous jobs that I would like to recognize. WIthout them, we could not enjoy our cruise.

+1 on this!

I was hot, sweaty, and sitting by the pool when a server walked by and stopped to say hello. He was wearing a button that read, " ask me to be your vacation hero.". So I asked if he would be my vacation hero. He replied, "Of course I will!". I was suddenly misted with a fresh spray of cool water from a bottle and minutes later he brought me cooled cut fruit on a skewer. I thought that very cool of course!

Coka

I love this post! A person who not only anticipates what it is you need, but then addresses it and does it in a way that you yourself would never think of is my kind of hero too.

I have to go with Hugo as well we met him at a M&M meeting, we had a problem with our cabin pertaining to my GS he got hurt. He got in touch with the head of houekeeping & by the time we returned to our room it was taken care of.

I know I am probably going to be bashed about this one, however, John Ibrahim, Cruise Director. He was really funny and entertaining, however, rumor has it that he is no longer with NCL and may have been spotted with RCC. :eek:

Add me to those who love Hugo. Our last cruise was on the Jewel and as we were boarding we passed Hugo who said welcome back. We had previously cruised with him on the Dawn. I explained to my parents who were on their second NCL cruise that is one of the things we love most about NCL the feeling like you are coming home.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vjxdds

Wonderful post!

My heros are.....

As for me...there are just so many I'm not sure if it's fair to start naming them because I know I'll miss someone. There have been hundreds of people that have made each of my sailings with Norwegian special because they all work in tandem to make each passenger happy.

However there are a few Servers, a Room steward, a Captain, a Cruise Director, an Asst. Executive Housekeeper, a Concierge, and a Hotel Director that make me smile each time I think of them and I hope to see them all again on future sailings.

There were many wonderful crew on our recent cruise on the Jade but for us the real star was Gianina (can't remember her second name).

She was the assistant Maitre D' in Moderno in the evening and in Garden Cafe during the day.

Gianina.jpg

What a wonderful lady. She looked after us so well - I will never forget her kindness

My heros are.....

LOVE this sentiment David! That's why we filled out STYLE cards for some people who we came across that wouldn't normally get recognized. We LOVED Juicy Julius - he worked on the Epic in the rock wall/Epic Bounce area. He was SO fun and friendly and I'm guessing while people like him, people don't think to recognize him with a STYLE card.

We did also love our buter Roel Gonzales and our waitress in the Epic Club Gabriela Nechita (who just got back on the Epic on 5/20 and will be there in February - can't wait to see her again!). They were extra special.

In the same vain - is the "Hero" program similar in that there are cards we fill out after sailing???

I've noticed people have referred to John O'Hara as "former". Has he retired? We had John on the Jewel a few years ago and was the best!!

Yes, John has been retired the middle of August last year. The last time I heard from him, he is doing well.

Adrian Bica is super terriffic and I would be very happy indeed to be on any ship where he was concierge. I must say, however, that my NCL hall of fame hero would be John O'Hara, for too many reasons to list on this forum. I was beyond sorry when I heard he left NCL.

Ditto on both counts.

After more than 30 cruises on the Star, I can't possibly name all of those who made our cruises special. I will, however, name Tony Lockett and Jorge Martinho, who were the first to take us under their wings and welcome us into the NCL family. This started a wonderful series of experiences that has lasted several years.

All the "kids" who adopted us (and we did the same with them) are our heroes.

I hope Tek hears of this---she is special.

Love all of them !!! Mom and Dad !!!

After more than 30 cruises on the Star, I can't possibly name all of those who made our cruises special. I will, however, name Tony Lockett and Jorge Martinho, who were the first to take us under their wings and welcome us into the NCL family. This started a wonderful series of experiences that has lasted several years.

All the "kids" who adopted us (and we did the same with them) are our heroes.

I hope Tek hears of this---she is special.

Love all of them !!! Mom and Dad !!!

Neither Tony or Jorge are with NCL anymore. I do not know anything about Jorge but I do know that Tony is doing very well in his new job.

Adrian Bica is super terriffic and I would be very happy indeed to be on any ship where he was concierge. I must say, however, that my NCL hall of fame hero would be John O'Hara, for too many reasons to list on this forum. I was beyond sorry when I heard he left NCL.

I agree. John was great and took extra good care of us and all the CC's from our Meet and Greet on the Jewel.

Neither Tony or Jorge are with NCL anymore. I do not know anything about Jorge but I do know that Tony is doing very well in his new job.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that Jorge was gone, but have kept in touch with Tony. I feel NCL lost a great guy when Tony left. He and Jorge were a great team.

Archived