Newbie with questions

gabsmom215

Hi everyone...I have been lurking on these boards for a few days and finally registered and wanted to ask a few questions. We have never been on a cruise but we are heavily looking into a cruise for April 2006. Right now the one we have gotten prices on is for the Caribbean Princess. Has anyone used cruisebrothers.com? They have given me a quote of approximately $3400 for 3 of us which also includes insurance, shipboard credit and a bottle of wine for a CAT BB. I also have gotten a quote from a local cruise TA for CAT BC for approx $200.00 more. Would appreciate any opinions. Should I also call Princess directly to see what they would offer?

Thanks in advance:)

We are not allowed to discuss agent pricing here but I did a quick search and found the same for around $500 less but it did not include room credit or a bottle of wine.. I am sure there are other agents out there with similiar pricing.. My email is listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

first Rule,don't book with someone who wants your personal info upfront just to give you a price;)

gives me a "bad taste" right away.

second, if you find a price what makes you feel good go for it.

Berliner

Princess is a good place to start - it gives you an idea of the pricing - but you usually do a lot better with some of the TAs that discount their prices. Keep comparing prices until you have a few and a good idea of the ballpark price. We aren't allowed to say much without this thread being closed. Good Luck!

Gabsmom215 - When in April 2006 are you planning to cruise? I am awaiting pricing from Cruise Critic and would be happy to share it with you as soon as its available. If interested, forward me your email and I'll be sure to get you those rates. Hopefully we'll see them soon.

Make sure you're comparing apples with apples. Does the price include all taxes and port charges. You indicated insurance. What kind of insurance and coverage, they are all different. All those things enter into the total price so make sure you are getting the exact same things priced by each agent or site.

I am comparing comparable offers. Insurance guidelines are identical except for one which is offering better coverage up to the day of departure. I guess my question should be, do I trust an online agent or do I go with someone I interact with face to face. If I go with someone online, my savings would be approximately $250.00, and that savings is comparing essentially identical offers including port charges, taxes, etc.

I am comparing comparable offers. Insurance guidelines are identical except for one which is offering better coverage up to the day of departure. I guess my question should be, do I trust an online agent or do I go with someone I interact with face to face. If I go with someone online, my savings would be approximately $250.00, and that savings is comparing essentially identical offers including port charges, taxes, etc.

If you go with other online TA's other than cruisebrothers, you can save around $500 more..

Archived