postcruise Normandy tour

livetravel

We are cruising on Oceania --Nautica from Stockholm to Paris (embarking in Le harve) on Sept 2. We are interersted in finding other fellow cruisers that are interested in a shore excursion to Normandy, St. malo, Giverny and then to Paris for 3-4 days. Anybody interested??

We are cruising on Oceania --Nautica from Stockholm to Paris (embarking in Le harve) on Sept 2. We are interersted in finding other fellow cruisers that are interested in a shore excursion to Normandy, St. malo, Giverny and then to Paris for 3-4 days. Anybody interested??

I see that this is your first post. WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC! :D

Unfortunately, because this question would primarily be of interest to others who are sailing with you on September 2nd, Forum rules require that this be placed in the "Roll Call" Section.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Simply click on Nautica and then start a Thread as you did here.

map-lg-NAU120902.jpg

Enjoy your cruise, it looks like an unusual and exciting itinerary, however, the 9/2 Sailing STARTS in France and Ends in Sweden, so this would be a PRE rather than a POST cruise Tour!

JimandStan

The OP states they are on Nautica from Stockholm to Paris. I believe they are disembarking on Sept 2nd.

Don

It IS written in a very convoluted manner but he does say that he is Embarking in La Harve on 9/2........so I took him at his word.

JimandStan

I will beat this dead horse one more time.

The OP’s thread was titled "postcruise Normandy tour. That is why I posted the link to the Roll Call for Stockholm to Paris.

Don

I'm going to comment here rather than the roll call because I am also confused about which cruise the OP is on.

We were in Le Havre in May 2001 and considered the ship's tour to the Beaches, but decided against doing so when we realized that it was a 2 hour drive in each direction.

Therefore, we did our own private road trip to Normandy in November 2002. I'm not sure why the OP is looking for people to share to begin with. We rented a car in Paris, drove through the area OP is talking about and had a wonderful trip. We spent 2 days (3 nights) in Rouen, 3 days/nights in Normandy, the went into Brittany a bit. It was a great trip (although we spent more time than OP is considering).

If OP wants to hire a car/driver for the trip I can understand wanting people to share, but it really isn't necessary ... unless you don't drive !

If someone figures out which cruise they are on, I'm happy to post this at the roll call!

Mura

There is a highly rated company called Paris Trips that does small group (8 persons) tours to the the D Day beaches from Paris That is one option, if you choose to select Paris as your travel base. There is a discount for veterans.

We just came back from a Nautica cruise that included Bordeaux and Brittany and I cannot say enough good things about those areas.

Archived