Sold-Out Cruise

stephuney

I called my travel agent today to see about adding a person to one of our cabins for our cruise in 11 days and the travel agent said he was having a hard time getting pricing and that he was going to call Carnival.

Apparently this cruise is sold-out or close or it. Carnival told him that the Coast Guard shut down sales to this cruise because the ship was at capacity. Out of curiosity, I went to the website to see if it s available for new reservations and sure enough, they had pulled this cruise from the website.

So, I have a question ... Is there a such thing as a waiting list for a sold out cruise, or can you do it like the airlines and try to cruise on stand-by?

yes you can waitlist a cruise. The down payment is a refundable $50 fee. If you cancel or if the cruise remains sold out you can get your money back.

Thanks!

Do you have an idea for when/how soon you find out if you made it before you sail?

It really depends. I know they do send an email saying something like, "Congratulations you have been granted...xyz room".

Waitlisting is really only feasible if you live within a port you can drive to or are going to be in the area at the time. The cabin can open up literally the same day.

It really depends. I know they do send an email saying something like, "Congratulations you have been granted...xyz room".

Waitlisting is really only feasible if you live within a port you can drive to or are going to be in the area at the time. The cabin can open up literally the same day.

Well, I do live very close to port ... But I don't need a cabin, I just need clearance to add someone to my cabin.

i dont know how well a wait list will do toward getting more capacity in a triple cabin, assuming you are already in one. If it reached capacity, that means no more extra pax in cabins that already have 2 in them.

is this person willing to pay 200% to sail by themselves?

i dont know how well a wait list will do toward getting more capacity in a triple cabin, assuming you are already in one. If it reached capacity, that means no more extra pax in cabins that already have 2 in them.

is this person willing to pay 200% to sail by themselves?

No ... 200% is not an option for this person, they just wouldn't go ... It was a just a last minute idea that sounded fun for them to tag along.

I already have a triple ... Just need one of those roll away beds ;)

It's not a big deal, I just wondered what the possibility might be ... Sounds like probably not a good chance.

No ... 200% is not an option for this person, they just wouldn't go ... It was a just a last minute idea that sounded fun for them to tag along.

It's not a big deal, I just wondered what the possibility might be ... Sounds like probably not a good chance.

The Coast Guard has restrictions on how many PAX are permitted based on capacity of available lifeboats, so its not always just a matter of getting a roll-away.

A berth might become available...but not in the area of your muster station. Which ship are you on? Assuming you are sailing from Galveston? On Triumph? While they add a rollaway to quads to accommodate five, not sure they add one to a triple to add a fourth...EM

The Coast Guard has restrictions on how many PAX are permitted based on capacity of available lifeboats, so its not always just a matter of getting a roll-away.

Oh, I knew that ... :p ... Was just saying, he doesn't need a whole cabin if our cabin could accommodate a cot.

A berth might become available...but not in the area of your muster station. Which ship are you on? Assuming you are sailing from Galveston? On Triumph? While they add a rollaway to quads to accommodate five, not sure they add one to a triple to add a fourth...EM

You know, I hadn't even thought of it like that ... In terms of capacity by muster station, but that makes total sense!

We had a roll away bed once in a triple in the Holiday, just assumed that was an option for all cabins (assuming there is available capacity). I guess not ... I don't know much about those cabin assignments.

Yes, Triumph from Galveston! Only 10 more days! :).

You know, I hadn't even thought of it like that ... In terms of capacity by muster station, but that makes total sense!

We had a roll away bed once in a triple in the Holiday, just assumed that was an option for all cabins (assuming there is available capacity). I guess not ... I don't know much about those cabin assignments.

Yes, Triumph from Galveston! Only 10 more days! :).

I think there is some confusion or at least it has confused me:D. You have a room that will fit 3 people and have 3 people already booked in the room? Or you have a room that fits 3 people, but only has two ppl booked?

I think there is some confusion or at least it has confused me:D. You have a room that will fit 3 people and have 3 people already booked in the room? Or you have a room that fits 3 people, but only has two ppl booked?

Sounds like 2 in a triple cabin. Should be interesting if the already empty bed is an overhead bunk.

LOL ... I guess that it does sound crazy! We have a triple and 3 people already reserved, we want to add one more to the cabin. We also have a regular cabin with 2 people ... But that one stays just me and the hubby!;)

Oh now i understand :p

If a cabin is a triple it can only accomodate 3....a double 2, ... and so on. So they can not "add a rollaway" to make a triple a quad.

Yes, they can ... If there is available capacity for the muter station of your cabin. But if your muster station is at capacity, they won't reserve any more.

At least that's the way I understand ... My travel agent explained it in a similar way this year.

I called my travel agent today to see about adding a person to one of our cabins for our cruise in 11 days and the travel agent said he was having a hard time getting pricing and that he was going to call Carnival.

Apparently this cruise is sold-out or close or it. Carnival told him that the Coast Guard shut down sales to this cruise because the ship was at capacity. Out of curiosity, I went to the website to see if it s available for new reservations and sure enough, they had pulled this cruise from the website.

So, I have a question ... Is there a such thing as a waiting list for a sold out cruise, or can you do it like the airlines and try to cruise on stand-by?

Did you by chance check other websites.Most big websites buy alot of cabins to sell

what ship and date ?

I was looking for a room for five and asked about putting a rollaway in a room was told something like this safety codes do not allow only on some older ship wich are grandfather claused in because they were built before code.I dont know if thats true but it was carnival rep on phone

I was looking for a room for five and asked about putting a rollaway in a room was told something like this safety codes do not allow only on some older ship wich are grandfather claused in because they were built before code.I dont know if thats true but it was carnival rep on phone

That makes sense ... We had a roll away on the Holiday, and I think they have retired her. She was an old ship.m I think Triumph is older, but probably not that old. That sounds logical.

Archived