Massdam problems fixed?

LindaKE

I've read so many posts about problems on the Maasdam. I saw the post saying the engine problem is now fixed. What about the air conditioning and plumbing problems? If some problems are still hanging around, will she be put in dry dock for repairs anytime in the forseeable future? Until I started seeing posts about problems, we were planning to book as soon as the new itineraries came out . Plumbing problems are NOT what I want to deal with on a cruise. Now I'm wondering whether we should make different plans.

JMHO....

But I do not think there will be any previously unscheduled dry dock in Maasdam's near future.

I would not hold back booking that beautiful ship. In fact, we are booked (again) for back-to-backs in June. We hear about the few who might have had some poor experience with the plumbing (I was one who reported plumbing problems on one out of over 14+ cruises we have enjoyed on Maasdam) or with their a/c. There are the vast majority of pax who never knew anyone had any problems with the a/c or plumbing.

If you like the date, the itinerary, everything else about Maasdam, I would not hesitate to book her. Like I said, we DID book her.

I've read so many posts about problems on the Maasdam. I saw the post saying the engine problem is now fixed. What about the air conditioning and plumbing problems? If some problems are still hanging around, will she be put in dry dock for repairs anytime in the forseeable future? Until I started seeing posts about problems, we were planning to book as soon as the new itineraries came out . Plumbing problems are NOT what I want to deal with on a cruise. Now I'm wondering whether we should make different plans.

Like S7S we love the Maasdam (we have only been on her once last Holiday, but immediately booked again for this Thanksgiving). My opinion only: until everyone cruising understand exactly how the ship's plumbing works, there will always be some "plumbing" problems. And until cruisers with balconies realize leaving the door open will let the "A/C" outside, instead of it staying inside, there will be some cabins that will not be as cool as they should be. Obviously unforseen other mechanical, plumbing and A/C problems can occur (on any ship) - so I wouldn't let it stop me from booking a ship or itinerary I was looking forward to.

Hubby and I were on the 4/21 Sailing and loved the ship. We were on Verandah Decl, cabin 139 (great location, by the way) and we had no problems at all. In fact, our air conditioning worked TOO well most of the time and we had to pile on the blankets! That was okay as as soon as we warmed up, we'd remove a blanket and all was well.

We were on the lowly A deck on the 4/21 sailing. It never felt lowly, though -- it was fantastic. There were no problems at all with our room. The last few days, the toilet would take a while to flush at the high demand times in the morning and at night. Our air conditioning worked too well sometimes -- we never felt hot.

Hi There,

We were on the april 21 sailing and had no problems with air conditioning or plumbing. I too was worried about that before we went. I was on Verandah Deck - 128

I did have a post that reviewed my cruise on the Maasdam but I cant find it on here anymore. Just be aware that this is a little sleepy ship. If you just want to curl up with a good book and maybe catch up on some sleep then this is the ship for you. Otherwise, check out the bigger ships on either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean with more activities,energy and better food!!!!

Crystal777

LindaKE - don't let anyone disuade you from having a wonderful cruise on the Maadam. This is a great ship, maybe a little worn, but a great ship.

If you want a comfortable, low key, relaxing cruise, try this ship. If you want a great time, lots of nice people, and late nights, try this ship. Its all what you make of it. We closed down the Crows Nest more than one night...

Don't listen to the bad reviews, they are few and far between, definately not the norm. :p

Have a great trip.

Disembarked from the Maasdam on May 12. Excellent service. Embarkation took fifteen minutes. Very efficient check-in staff.

A/C worked fine - no problems. Plumbing o.k. until some individuals were trying to flush apples, etc in the bowl. Problems were taken care of within a short time. Captain personally pleaded with passengers to be careful about the situation. Chief Engineer sent a letter addressing the problem to all passengers. Happened several times.

Engines working fine. Cruising between 18 and 20 knots and arriving in Norfolk on schedule. No missed ports.

Will sail again on the Maasdam.

Archived