Photo poses??

Boozebabe

I've seen a lot of wedding photos from Carnival photographers (seeing as I am getting married on a Carnival ship) and actually have thought most of those pictures have come out quite nice. I'm hoping that it isn't a fluke, and that maybe Carnival puts their best photographers on wedding duty. I'm really hoping for some great pics with my sisters and I in my wedding dress, and Mom too!

I think a funny picture would be the whole family in their lifejackets in front of the Titanic staircase. Just my sick sense of humor.......I wonder if they would refuse to take that pose?

In October 2010, we were on NCL Sun. WE were a party of 13. On that cruise, my future son in law ask my daughter to marry him. It was the last formal night. One of the backdrops was just plain white. White background and white floor. The photographer posed them lying on the floor, tummy down. Mark holding his chin on his hand and Chris with her arm around his neck. It's one of my favorite photos. The photographer did a great job.

We always buy a couple of photos as a memory of a great cruise! Even the cheesy Titanic backdrop!

I always look forward to what I call the "vulture" pose. That's the one where the photographer manages to get me to hunch my shoulders, lean over and look down on my poor wife like I'm getting ready for a go at her neck. While we'd never buy it, we look forward to laughing at it. Every cruise, there's always at least one.

And don't get me started on the Pirates, Chickens and Mayan Princesses. :D

Totally laughed as we all have seen those. I do hate the stick up your butt look, and craned neck at odd angles. That "posed" sitting on that dock thingy they have makes for the worst straight back photo.

Funniest photo I EVER saw being taken (I think it was ships comedian of the night) was background like you were standing on the deck, by the rail of the ship - he had his back to the camera, turned head over shoulder witha "guilty look" -and posed like he was peeing off the ship!

So yes, we buy photos- but ironically usually the white solid background one. The others are so busy, and dark ones you blend right in. Also if whole family is getting off ship a group shot then usually works for us too.

Some of the backdrops are hideous! In my experience, most of the photographers instruct me to do unflattering/weird poses. I always get to confused, so I'm sure that doesn't help! :p

You too? They need a lesson for sure ..have they ever looked at their photo poses?

The first cruise I went on was with my 2 best friends. We weren't ever thinking about getting pictures done and were just walking around and ended up taking them for the heck of it. The photographer was fantastic. She has us doing really cute posses and even got us down on the floor. This is my fav pic of all of us.

The first cruise I went on was with my 2 best friends. We weren't ever thinking about getting pictures done and were just walking around and ended up taking them for the heck of it. The photographer was fantastic. She has us doing really cute posses and even got us down on the floor. This is my fav pic of all of us.

Sorry...here's the pic. :o

3buddiessmallersized.jpg

the best photo we have bought that we will buy every cruise is on the last night there is a bright green screen and we have camera around neck with drink in hand, when you get the pic it is a cruise travel magazine cover with cruise ship and date and "voted best cruise travellers of the year". It is lots of fun and a great conversation piece when people see it.

I admit it I am so guilty of buying -possibly overbuying photo's. On all of our cruise's on the Fasciantion our photo's were so good, I spent over 1000K last cruise on them (my avatar is one of them) The photographers on that ship are awesome. Then we went on the Legend, OMG they were so bad they could not have given them to me, bad poses, bad lighting, shadow's. They were all horrible. I talked to the photo manager and he set us up with a shoot with Raquel who runs Dream (Canivals new portrait photo service) her photo's were beautiful and unique. I loved everything she shot. She had several slideshows with brides, so I am thinking that this service is who will be shooting the weddings and special events. Aong with the other poster I want to know who thought that Titanic background was good ROTFLMAO. This is one of the photo's Raquel took. Sorry about the size I can't get it to reduce.

389671_4026651755776_1888462433_n.jpg

I talked to the photo manager and he set us up with a shoot with Raquel who runs Dream (Canivals new portrait photo service) her photo's were beautiful and unique. I loved everything she shot. She had several slideshows with brides, so I am thinking that this service is who will be shooting the weddings and special events. Aong with the other poster I want to know who thought that Titanic background was good ROTFLMAO. This is one of the photo's Raquel took. Sorry about the size I can't get it to reduce.

Now those photos are good! More of a true photo shoot. Your avatar--are you standing in front of the Carnival stairwell mosaic , looks familiar. I hope they offer "Dream" on all ships.

I admit it I am so guilty of buying -possibly overbuying photo's. On all of our cruise's on the Fasciantion our photo's were so good, I spent over 1000K last cruise on them (my avatar is one of them) The photographers on that ship are awesome. Then we went on the Legend, OMG they were so bad they could not have given them to me, bad poses, bad lighting, shadow's. They were all horrible. I talked to the photo manager and he set us up with a shoot with Raquel who runs Dream (Canivals new portrait photo service) her photo's were beautiful and unique. I loved everything she shot. She had several slideshows with brides, so I am thinking that this service is who will be shooting the weddings and special events. Aong with the other poster I want to know who thought that Titanic background was good ROTFLMAO. This is one of the photo's Raquel took. Sorry about the size I can't get it to reduce.

389671_4026651755776_1888462433_n.jpg

I like that!

Can anyone tell me what price the photos start at and what size that would correspond to? If you have any of the other prices and their respective sizes that would be awesome too. My wife and I are going on our first cruise in a little over a month and I just want to know what I'm getting into, haha!!

I always look forward to what I call the "vulture" pose. That's the one where the photographer manages to get me to hunch my shoulders, lean over and look down on my poor wife like I'm getting ready for a go at her neck. While we'd never buy it, we look forward to laughing at it. Every cruise, there's always at least one.

And don't get me started on the Pirates, Chickens and Mayan Princesses. :D

This made me laugh outloud! We had some really creepy looking pictures. My 19 year old always looked good, but my husband and I looked like wax figures in very odd poses. We had a lot of laughs about it, AND bought a couple of them.:D

Can anyone tell me what price the photos start at and what size that would correspond to? If you have any of the other prices and their respective sizes that would be awesome too. My wife and I are going on our first cruise in a little over a month and I just want to know what I'm getting into, haha!!

I believe the 5x7's were $11.99 each and the 8x10's were about $20 each.

After a photo session on a Princess ship that went terribly wrong....DH and I each 50 at the time ended up laying on the floor with our chins in our hands, another where we were propped up against each other back to back sitting on the floor....we learned to just say NO! to certain poses that seemed absurd. I'm still mad to this day that I didn't buy those photos because I laughed until tears were running down my cheeks when I saw them, but DH was not nearly as amused. :rolleyes:

So funny! I wish I bought the one of my son and I in the MDR sticking our tongues out at the photographer. We laughed until we cried looking at that one. It would have made a funny Christmas card.

It still cracks me up thinking about our family cruise on the Sensation...

My little (16 year old lol) brother and I were walking around the photo taking area and a photographer stopped us to get our pictures taken, we didn't really want to but it was just easier to yes and then move on, haha. Apparently he thought we were a couple and made my brother sit behind me and look at eachother romantically. We were laughing so hard we were crying. Ended up buying the pic too:p

Now those photos are good! More of a true photo shoot. Your avatar--are you standing in front of the Carnival stairwell mosaic , looks familiar. I hope they offer "Dream" on all ships.

It was a garden type background, I think I was sitting on a stone bench, that one was on the Fascination, it was just the regular photographers. I think they are rolling out Dream on all the ships, Book it you will love it and the shoot itself is free, so you have no obligation to buy, but its really HARD not to LOL!

Do you really like the goofy outdated poses and backdrops used for the photos on the ships? And what's up with that damned pirate with the sword under everyones chin. If he approaches me one more time Ill scream. I think the absolute worst backdrop is the Titanic staircase. Who in the h-ll thought that was a good idea? Probably my #2 least liked backdrop is the ship itself.

A couple cruises ago I told a photographer I wanted a picture with attitude. He didn't have a clue. So I had to show him. All hubby and I did was pose back to back, him with his arms crossed and looking over his shoulder and me with a hand on my hip glancing back at him. It was the best picture we've ever had taken on a ship.

So why don't the professional photographers come up with some new ideas? Come on Carnival be creative.

And lastly do you pose and buy or just pose for the heck of it?

You mean like this one, look below in my signature. Gotta admit, it's pretty cool for a 4 yr old!!!!!:D

Seriously though, I as an adult don't really want my picture taken like that! I think they should come up with some new props, backgrounds and poses!!

Archived