Everglades Airboat tour help!

bluenoser2

We're staying in FLL for 2 days before our cruise out of POM end of December, and I'm doing some research on airboat tours - there are TOO MANY to choose from! Can anyone give some advice on WHERE the best place to do such a thing would be, and any advice on best company to go with? Thanks for any help or advice you can give. We will have a rental car during our stay, so getting somewhere isn't a problem. We're 6 in our group, ages 15 - 81!

We ended up over in I think Everglades City or something like that and ended up doing a tour from over there. Somewhat different in character than the ones further east from what I can tell, this involved a lot more in channels through mangroves, where I think the further east stuff is more open. Also was a smaller boat, and it seems a lot of the ones closer to Miami like to use somewhat larger boats. Honestly can't remember the name of the company off the top of my head, never did get a picture that said what it was, and the camera died on us on that trip.

We were a family of 6 and went to the "Sawgrass Recreation Park" for their airboat ride and then their Wild Life Exhibit and show...What a great time...spent more time there than we expected to as it was more than just the airboat ride..We also had a rental car..our hotel in Fort Lauderdale gave us directions as it was approx a 25-30 min drive...but well worth it !!!! I researched other airboat companys and am very glad we chose this one...would recommend this without hesitation :)

Thanks Ashland! That was the sort of thing I wanted to find out - there's so much out there it's hard to decide! Did you do a private tour, or with your group of 6 did you need to do that? Small boat or larger boat?

The absolute best place to do this is Coopertown. Just google coopertown, its the first link.

If you can swing it opt for the private tour, the boat is smaller and the operator will usually show you just how fast and maneuverable these boats can be.

Airboats are really loud, fast, and fun. But generally are not the best way to see wildlife.

Yogi

Archived