Platinum Level Question

With the new Loyalty program being discussed so much, I have a question for all of you who are / were Platinum level. For me, the main 'perk' to get to Platinum for is the priority boarding / disembarking.

My question is - are any of you in a situation where you are platinum but your DH (or whomever you are traveling with) is not platinum? In this case, are they able to board with you (through priority) or do they have to go through 'normal' process?

I am trying to decide if it is worth trying to 'grandfather' in before the end of next year (based on JH - if I reach 10 by end of next year I can still get this perk, but no way DH can make it).

Thx

Thanks for the quick replies! Looks like we'll have to schedule 1 additional cruise between now and end of next year (other than the 2 we already have scheduled).

Darn - gotta hate that ;)

I am Platinum and my hubby is 1 shy .. and we are unable to cruise before 2014.. but because I am.. he will still get the perks.. just not the gifts... its all good tho;)

yes they can board together as long as you are in the same cabin and on the same sail and sign account.

You don't have to be on the same sail and sign account, just booked in the same cabin.

I sailed with a friend when I was not Platinum before and we both had VIP boarding because we were booked in the same cabin but we had different credit cards securing our sail and sign accounts.

With the new Loyalty program being discussed so much, I have a question for all of you who are / were Platinum level. For me, the main 'perk' to get to Platinum for is the priority boarding / disembarking.

My question is - are any of you in a situation where you are platinum but your DH (or whomever you are traveling with) is not platinum? In this case, are they able to board with you (through priority) or do they have to go through 'normal' process?

I am trying to decide if it is worth trying to 'grandfather' in before the end of next year (based on JH - if I reach 10 by end of next year I can still get this perk, but no way DH can make it).

Thx

In December I will be cruising on my 10th cruise but it will be my dad's 9th cruise. As long as he is booked in the same room and has the same charging priviledges through the sail and sign then he will go through VIP boarding.

BTW you are not alone because that is the one big perk that I am looking forward to by being platinum is the VIP embarkation

You don't have to be on the same sail and sign account, just booked in the same cabin.

Actually, if you are NOT in the same cabin, but you are on the same S&S account as a Platinum member you can take advantage of priority embarkation as well.

Actually, if you are NOT in the same cabin, but you are on the same S&S account as a Platinum member you can take advantage of priority embarkation as well.

Yes. You are correct!

So....to update fully......You can share VIP embarkation with a Platinum member if :

1 - you are booked in the same cabin

AND/OR

2 - you are under the same Sail & Sign (credit card payment)

In my experience this goes for VIP embarkation related to Suites as well. For example....people booked in a suite with family members in an inside who are linked to the same Sail & Sign - all have VIP on the boarding docs

If they are in your cabin .. their boarding pass will have VIP printed on it .. maybe now it will say VIPF? .. dont know.. but it will be marked VIP for everyone in the cabin with the platinum guest.

That's what I am wondering. Can anyone who is already platinum now confirm if thier boarding pass says VIP or VIFP?

Archived