Peggy's Cove or Bike Tour?

galavant3

We'll be in Halifax in October and I can't decide between Peggy's Cove and the Coastal Bicycle Adventure. Anyone familiar with both? The Bike Trail is in Lawrencetown Beach.

Difficult dilemma as they are so different. The Lawrencetown Beach trail is technically easy with no significant changes in elevation. It is about 20 miles long. Paeggy's Cove is a beautiful place but basically a lighthouse and memorial to the Swissair crash. You can also enjoy the coastal ride to and from the cove. The scenery on the cove road is lovely and depending on what time in October you are going you may see some leaves that are still left after the peak. I personally would do the ride, weather permitting.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked through the cruise line and I'm not sure of the company. I found this which looks similar. (option #2)

http://www.eastwindcycle.com/cruise-ship-shore-excursions/port-of-halifax-nova-scotia.html

Details of our excursion are....

Depart pier and travel to through Dartmouth to Lawrencetown Beach Trailhead (about 30 minutes). Get fitted with 24 speed bikes and route directions and map. Apparently, we'll ride along a trail converted from an abandoned railway bed. Mostly flat cycling so ok for novice cyclists. Pass marshes and see the Kuhn Conservation Area. Trail ends in Fisherman's Cove. About 2 hours of cycling.

Happy planning!!

Archived