Here I Go!

beckeck1

Hello all! I'm booked for the Liberty of the Seas in November, and I am super excited. The one thing I am dreading, however, is the prospect of cruising at my current weight. I'm 26, 5'3, and currently 206lbs. I've already dropped some weight from when I started at 213lbs a little while ago.

I have been wanting to lose weight for a while, but could never get motivated enough. I figure this is as good a time as any, especially considering that I don't want to look back on a wonderful vacation and see a big fat cow.

My overall goal is 140-145 lbs by the time I am 30. I feel that is a realistic goal since I am currently in the "having/raising small children stage of life" and am planning on another pregnancy within the next couple years.

My goal for the upcoming cruise would be 180-190, but really, anything under 200lbs would make me happy.

I'm not going to do any crazy diet, just be considerate of what I eat and exercise regularly. I have an app on my phone that I can log my food and exercise into, and it calculates my calories, which helps me be accountable. I also plan on weighing in twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday. I'll try to keep this updated for anyone interested in my progress.

Start Weight: 213

Current Weight: 206

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Remember that the healthiest way to lose weight is 2 pounds a week. Replace soda with water, and exercise everyday. Include all food groups into your nutritional plan. Avoid salty and fried foods, and alcohol. Allow yourself 2 cheat meals a week. It's about eating healthy and in moderation. Fad diets do not work because they eliminate food groups.

Congrats ro you on your loss! You're doing great. Don't get on the scale too often. Sometimes the scale will not reflect a loss that we've really had. You could be losing inches and the academy not budge. I weigh maybe 2-3 times/month and go by the way my clothes fit. Myfitnesspal is a good app too!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Becky, good luck to you and congrats on your loss to date. This site as well as myfitnesspal.com are both very supportive environments! I also have a similar thread on here so I look forward to watching your progress.

Jerry

Good for you, I wish you the best of luck, it definitely can be done. 25 years ago I lost a lot of weight and have been able to keep it off all of these years, it sounds like you are motivated and it is always good to have something to work toward.

Hi!! I feel we are similar based on your posts :) I just turned 28... and my husband and I are going on our first cruise on the Oasis of the Seas in October. I have lost about 65 lbs. over the last couple years. I was doing so well, but over the last 2 months I have kind of stalled and not been as dedicated to the process. I would really like to lose at least 20 more lbs. before we set sail.... I think that's realistic, as we have about 20 weeks left til we cruise. We are also talking about starting a family in the next year or so, so I would really like to be in the best shape possible by then! I hope you will check in and keep us posted. :) Let me know if you would like to be 'accountability partners' or anything like that!! Good luck!

Wednesday weigh-in! I've been eating right around 1200 calories a day and am exercising almost every day. I've lost two pounds since Saturday, and am noticing a little room in my clothes. :D The best part is that I'm not feeling deprived or constantly hungry.

Current Weight: 204

Down another pound! I can feel the muscles in my legs and arms even at rest now, where before it was just fat.

I saw an infomercial for the Insanity workout, and at first I was kind of interested, but then I saw all the ripped people, and the lady who said she threw up after the first workout. Uh...I think I'll keep doing it my way! :eek:

Current weight: 203

Nursingu, I'm using My Fitness Pal. It's an awesome app!

Beckeck1-

Keep up the good work! I am 5'7" a mother of school aged children and can relate to the struggles. Last spring I weighed 217 pounds and did a push to lose a little weight. I got to 195 and over the winter my modivation slipped and my scaled moved up and on April 28 this year I was hovering at 199 pounds, not wanting to go over 200 again. We had booked our upcoming cruise just a week before and on April 28 I made a promise to myself to walk every single day, at least 30 min, until we left for our cruise. Yesterday was my 49th day straight, most days walking over 4 miles but someday just squeezing out the 30 min. I am watching what I eat, but have not been an angel. I have lost 14 pounds as of last Monday, should be track for another 2 pounds this week and would like to see 175 by sailing day. Originally wanted to be at 170 by sail day (150 as a final goal) but heck, life gets in the way sometimes just like birthday cake! The point is to stay motivated even after a bad day and know that it is a journey not a race!

Good Luck!

Down another pound! I can feel the muscles in my legs and arms even at rest now, where before it was just fat.

I saw an infomercial for the Insanity workout, and at first I was kind of interested, but then I saw all the ripped people, and the lady who said she threw up after the first workout. Uh...I think I'll keep doing it my way! :eek:

Nursingu, I'm using My Fitness Pal. It's an awesome app!

Congrats Becky!! Great results so far! I agree MFP is a great app and I have been using it consistently for a month now. Good luck as you continue on your journey and stay focused....you can do it!!

So this weekend has not been great. Yesterday for an early Father's Day, me, my son, hubby, and my mom and dad all went to Chili's. I skipped the appetizer (but did have a margarita...so I guess that was my appetizer), and even with a small portion of ribs and fries and the adult beverage, I still stayed under my 1200 calories goal. I had barely eaten all day in anticipation of going out, and did an extended workout in Wii Sports beforehand.

Tonight I blew my goal. I'm not feeling great (allergies and a migraine) and I indulged in an boozy coconut drink with my dinner (in a souvenir Royal Caribbean glass, no less!) plus ice cream after. I'm not even interested in knowing how much I went over. I'll feel better tomorrow and will get right back on the wagon. TX Cruiser, you are so right in it not being a race.

You have the right attitude. No one is perfect and we have good days and not so good days. The key is to get back on track immediately. You are doing wonderful. Have a little cheat meal here and there. That way you won't feel deprived. You have nothing to feel bad about.:)

Been a busy week at work for me, and I didn't even update on my Wednesday weigh-in! I gained a little back this week, largely due to my indulgent weekend.

I haven't been on my stationary bike a lot, but I do a lot of walking at work (I'm in a support role at an AT&T call center, so I spend a lot of time answering questions for the phone agents) and did a bit in Wii Sports tonight.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, when hopefully I'll be back on track.

Current weight: 205

Congrats Becky on your motivation for weight loss! I have a saying: Motivation will get you started but routine will keep you going.

Your story really clicked with me. I am 27, 5'3" and was 170lbs last year. I did the HCG diet and lost 20lbs. It got me started and taught me good eating habits and portion control. A little over a year later, I am down to 145.

My first cruise is in December and since the scale just won't budge, I decided it was time to start exercising. I joined my first gym today and want to get in better shaped before the cruise. My DH wants to see me in a 2-piece! I'll post my progress...

You're doing wonderful. As long as you get back on track Saturday you'll be fine. Right I'm having one of those times where its hard for me to stay on point. Reading the posts here is very motivating!:)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Getting back on track now also. Today there was an impromptu barbecue with some friends, so of course I went over my 1,200 calories. But, I did twice the amount of exercise today, too...and what was I watching on Netflix while on my stationary bike? A documentary about cruises! Gotta keep my eyes on the prize, lol! :D

The weight loss continues! I am noticing that my clothes are hanging in a more flattering way, and my stomach is gradually getting smaller. It's still quite large and hangs down from my c-section almost two years ago, but at least it doesn't protrude out as much!

Current weight: 201 lbs

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all! I'm booked for the Liberty of the Seas in November, and I am super excited. The one thing I am dreading, however, is the prospect of cruising at my current weight. I'm 26, 5'3, and currently 206lbs. I've already dropped some weight from when I started at 213lbs a little while ago.

I have been wanting to lose weight for a while, but could never get motivated enough. I figure this is as good a time as any, especially considering that I don't want to look back on a wonderful vacation and see a big fat cow.

My overall goal is 140-145 lbs by the time I am 30. I feel that is a realistic goal since I am currently in the "having/raising small children stage of life" and am planning on another pregnancy within the next couple years.

My goal for the upcoming cruise would be 180-190, but really, anything under 200lbs would make me happy.

I'm not going to do any crazy diet, just be considerate of what I eat and exercise regularly. I have an app on my phone that I can log my food and exercise into, and it calculates my calories, which helps me be accountable. I also plan on weighing in twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday. I'll try to keep this updated for anyone interested in my progress.

Start Weight: 213

Current Weight: 206

Just wanted to say your doing great!! Keep up the great work :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Archived