Alaska Railroad Schedule/Cruisetour

mackienyc

Hi all,

Forgive me if this information is posted somewhere, I couldn't locate it.

We're on a Celebrity cruisetour in July, and it involves a lot of rail travel. I'm curious about the schedules, and in our docs there are no times, and calling got me further vague information.

I understand they can't guarantee the times of the tours, etc, but I'm trying to determine the train schedule to and from each location. It will say 'morning or afternoon', but no more.

So, my basic question is this, are the alaska railroad scheduled trains the same trains used by the cruiselines, just with the different cars?

Here's the AK schedule: http://www.alaskatravel.com/alaska-railroad/schedule.html

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

We're on a Celebrity cruisetour in July, and it involves a lot of rail travel. I'm curious about the schedules, and in our docs there are no times, and calling got me further vague information.

I understand they can't guarantee the times of the tours, etc, but I'm trying to determine the train schedule to and from each location. It will say 'morning or afternoon', but no more.

So, my basic question is this, are the alaska railroad scheduled trains the same trains used by the cruiselines, just with the different cars?

Here's the AK schedule: http://www.alaskatravel.com/alaska-railroad/schedule.html

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you are asking. All your train travel between Anchorage and Fairbanks will be on the Alaska RR schedule. RCI/Celebrity has their own contracted train between Seward and Anchorage, BUT, occasionally they do use the Alaska RR. It would far more accurate for me to answer, if you posted your cruisetour.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

You are correct. Your cruise tour cars are just attached behind regular train cars and you follow the regular schedule.

Archived