Past Guest Party

Robpuffdaddy

I guess I will find out next week the answer to this question but I was wondering if anyone knows the answer yet. Does the new policy under the new program go in effect right away, or when does it go in effect?

I was wondering the same. I am red, with 1 cruise, under the new program. We sail June 24 and the new program begins for cruises beginning on June 25. Sooooo does that mean we will actually be gold that week and still have the old past guest party?

Can someone explain the new policy for the past guest party? I have 4

7-night cruises under my belt. What will my past guest party ranking be for my Sept 22nd cruise on Glory?

Thank you for your help.

Wonder what happens if you hit the 25 day on your cruise....are you red, or gold?

If I continue with plans to book my next cruise, that is what will happen. I currently have 23 days.

But even so, my husband won't reach 25 at the same time so he will be ineligible.

I think if they grandfathered people who have been getting these little extras, people wouldn't be upset.

Wonder what happens if you hit the 25 day on your cruise....are you red, or gold?

If I continue with plans to book my next cruise, that is what will happen. I currently have 23 days.

But even so, my husband won't reach 25 at the same time so he will be ineligible.

I think if they grandfathered people who have been getting these little extras, people wouldn't be upset.

According to Carnival FAQs, you will be gold from the beginning of the cruise, since you'll enter gold during the cruise.

According to Carnival FAQs, you will be gold from the beginning of the cruise, since you'll enter gold during the cruise.

Glad you found this in the FAQs, I was looking for it but could not find an answer. I am at 24 days now and DH is at 19. We have a 8 day booked in November that will take us both over 25 day.

I was curious so I called Carnival. I am currently red status with 22 points and need 3 more days to become gold. I am going on a 7 day cruise in August so technically would turn gold on day 3 of the cruise. They said I will still be red until the end of the cruise. I pointed out that they use to have a past guest party and now have the Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP Party on 5+ day sailings which I will miss due to still being red when I would in fact be 25 sailing days by day 3 of the cruise.

She said she never noticed that and that most of the people will either be getting about the same benefits or better with the new program.

I don't really care... I'm not one to whine like those we know get all upset about things on this complaint board, but I just wanted to know which way it went. And I think they could do a little more to welcome returning cruisers. But oh well.

I was curious so I called Carnival. I am currently red status with 22 points and need 3 more days to become gold. I am going on a 7 day cruise in August so technically would turn gold on day 3 of the cruise. They said I will still be red until the end of the cruise. (Not at all what they state on their website!!) I pointed out that they use to have a past guest party and now have the Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP Party on 5+ day sailings which I will miss due to still being red when I would in fact be 25 sailing days by day 3 of the cruise.

She said she never noticed that and that most of the people will either be getting about the same benefits or better with the new program.

I don't really care... I'm not one to whine like those we know get all upset about things on this complaint board, but I just wanted to know which way it went. And I think they could do a little more to welcome returning cruisers. But oh well.

Part of the problem is that even when you ask someone at CCL--they don't have the correct information.

In the FAQ right on the CCL website it states that if you move to the next level on a cruise,,,you will be considered that next level from the beginning of the cruise. The example they give is if you are cruising on a 5 day cruise and turn to gold on day three..you will be gold at the beginning of your cruise.

I would print out that FAQ with you to make sure you have a Gold card when you check in. I have 18 days and am going on a 7 day cruise. I will hit 25 days on day 7 so according to their FAQs I will be Gold when I board.

Can you provide the link to the FAQ. I am having trouble finding any of this information. Thanks! I am in the same boat as y'all so I am curious......:)

FOUND MY ANSWER: Here is the link

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?faq=change+itinerary#q-1197349

About 1/2 way down the page

On CCL website at top Click on JOIN VIFP

Then click on left side QUESTIONS

Then go to FAQ the Question is Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?

VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points, and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise).

While guests are automatically eligible for their benefits, some Diamond level benefits must be requested at the time of booking (e.g. one-time benefits).

My family of 5 will be turning gold on our July Liberty cruise. My son's fiance is coming with us and has never cruised Carnival before. Anyone know if she will get the invite to the past guest party since she's booked in the cabin with DS?

She won't get an invite, but you can bring a guest (at least you could under the old system)

My family of 5 will be turning gold on our July Liberty cruise. My son's fiance is coming with us and has never cruised Carnival before. Anyone know if she will get the invite to the past guest party since she's booked in the cabin with DS?

I don't think she will. I was a past guest once and my husband wasn't. He didn't get an invitation to our room. I gave him the invitation and we walked in together. I figured if I was stopped I'd show them my sail and sign card.

She won't get an invite, but you can bring a guest (at least you could under the old system)

Most of the time you could seek in a guest but technically not allowed.

Interesting that hey intend to keep out the reds but could never keep out the newbies.

Archived