Serenade Dining questions

I'm posing this question here because I'm assuming (rightly or wrongly) that the folks on my roll call are likely going on their first Serenade cruise too, and wouldn't know this.

My wife and I are sailing on August 21, the 12 Day Western Med cruise. Our first time on RCCL. I'm familiar with the basic dining options (the MDR, the Windjammer, Chops, Portofino & room service). I'm curious about the other dining areas I see on the deck plans. Can you fill me in on these restaurants (listed below) as far as if the food their is included or extra charge, a rough idea of hours and a brief idea of what kind of food (a hefty menu, one or two items, comfort food, drinks only...something like that). I appreciate the help.

Pizzeria on Deck 11, looks like maybe its in the Solarium?

Any food at the bar next to the pool on deck 11?

Seaview Cafe on Deck 12?

Sky bar on Deck 12?

HI We were on Serenade in May for the Transatlantic so not sure if anything has changed but:

The pizza place in the solorium was open lunch time till about 3pm and then late at night, it offered cakes, drinks, sandwiches, pizza chips etc. No Charge.

There was no food served from the bar on deck 11. or the Sky bar on deck 12.

The seaview cafe on deck 12 is the best. No charge and a limited menu but served chips, nachos, burgers, desserts, fruit plates etc. (No charge) and is out of the way. We visited nearly everyday. Was open from mid afternoon until late. Would definatly recomend it.

We went to Portifiono and the food was excellent and definalty worth the extra service charge.

Windjammer food was as expected, not much change everyday but good quality food.

Dining room food was excellent and so was the service.

Hope this helps.

Pizzeria on Deck 11, looks like maybe its in the Solarium?

Yes it is part of the Soilarium. You can get pizzas(obviously:p) but also wraps.

Any food at the bar next to the pool on deck 11?

]No food at the pool bar

Seaview Cafe on Deck 12?

We never used it but if my memory serves me it opens for lunch at 2PM

Sky bar on Deck 12?

Again no food just drinks

Hope this helps

Thanks to everyone for pitching in with some information. This is pretty much what I had anticipated...I guess I was hoping for a surprise (the Sky Bar has a great lunch buffet, e.g.). The Seaview sounds great, and I'm sure we'll use it some. It sounds like a combinatin of The Great Outdoors and the Blue Lagoon on Norwegian Jade.

And please don't sell your roll short...many times the roll call is the best source for information as some people have favorite ships that they sail over & over...not everyone on a roll call is a new cruiser...

And please don't sell your roll short...many times the roll call is the best source for information as some people have favorite ships that they sail over & over...not everyone on a roll call is a new cruiser...

I don't mean to sell my roll call short. Right now, though, it is very inactive.

• 1 month later...

Archived