Anytime Restuarants Specialities

burtie

Hi,

Have read that each of the anytime restuarants has the same menu as the main dining room plus each has a speciality item. I think I saw someplace that the Savoy' is pork chops. Can anyone help me out with the others PLEASE. They would be Pacific Moon, Santa Fe, and Vivaldi's.

Thanks,

Burtie

This is only on two ships, the Diamond and the Sapphire

Vivaldi (Osso Buco), Santa Fe (Fajitas), Pacific Moon (Asian noodles) & Savoy (pork chop).

caribill is correct. the Diamond and Sapphire are the only 2 Princess ships that have the 4 "themed" Anytime Dining Rooms that you describe. All the other Grand Class ships simply have one large Anytime Dining Room on Deck 5 and Deck 6 (in addition to the Traditional Dining Room on Deck 6 aft).

I would also add that the Asian dish in Pacific Moon also includes seared scallops, or at least it did when we were on the Diamond in 2009. We found the specialty dishes quite good in each dining room, by the way.

Bon voyage and bon apetit! :)

p.s. - one final note: the Vivaldi dining room is used for an early fixed/traditional seating at the beginning of the dinner service, and only becomes an "anytime dining room" after that first seating has finished; I think it was around 7:00 or 7:30, but I can't recall for certain.

Even in traditional you can order them.
That probably depends on the waitstaff. While on the Sapphire in January '11 with Traditional dining, I tried ordering one of the theme dishes and the waitstaff looked at me like I had two heads, then said it couldn't be done.

That probably depends on the waitstaff. While on the Sapphire in January '11 with Traditional dining, I tried ordering one of the theme dishes and the waitstaff looked at me like I had two heads, then said it couldn't be done.

I had no problem doing this on the Diamond multiple times on a single cruise.

I had no problem doing this on the Diamond multiple times on a single cruise.

Just off 35 days on the Diamond. Ate in Vivaldi (Osso Bucco specialty). Of the four, I tried the stir fry once (from Pacific Moon) and had fajitas (from Santa Fe) multiple times. We also had two different waitstaffs; had to change tables and area on second leg. Never a question, which was the same when we were on the Sapphire.

Archived