LeHave private tours to Paris

S.O.C.I.O.C.A.T.s

Very, very expensive. Considering the travel time and how little time you will actually have in Paris, my suggestion would be to take the train from Le Havre to Paris, do a HOHO bus tour for an overview of the city, have lunch, then return to Le Havre by train. And then come back another time and spend a week or so exploring the city.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the suggestion to take the train to Paris and then take a Hoho tour to see the main sites.

Another option would be to arrange ahead of time to disembark in LeHavre and spend a few days in Paris. There's so much to see and do there!

I did the train and first you have to get to the station, which eat up time and then the train takes nearly 2-3 hours each way. Not sure Paris is a good day trip. I disembarked there and spent two nights there. I was not impressed with the train- it was old and not very comfortable.

If you are insistent on going to Paris- I'd definitely do the ship tour. YOu'll leave earlier and get back later and won't have to worry about missing the ship if the bus gets delayed.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it is a 3 hour car ride into and out of Paris which gives you perhaps 2-3 hours in Paris, which severly limits what you can do to perhaps one thing such as a short cruise up the Seine. Instead something much closer by would be Giverny with Monet's house, garden and lily pond and Rouen with Joan d' Arc church on the site she was burnt at the stake and much more interesting, plague houses.

Save Paris for when you can actually spend time there.

Will be debarking a cruise ship in La Havre, spending 2 nights Paris then over to London for few days prior to flying home.

Suggestions please on the best way to transfer from one to the other.

Thanks

I suggest you start a new post with the question about getting to Paris.

We took the Eurostar from London to Paris and arranged a transfer to our apartment through Viator, but it was actually on Paris Shuttle. We had a little trouble finding the driver at the station, but he stopped at an ATM for us which won us over.

We also took Paris Shuttle to Orly and again there was a bit of a delay on the way. If you take them leaving Paris, be sure to confirm 24 hours in advance and give them a local phone number if possible.

Archived