Hitting Platinum

NavyCruiser

We have 9 cruises (48 days, & now 48 VIFP points). We were so looking forward to our next CCL cruise next month, when we hit our 10th cruise & be upgraded to Platinum. Actually was excited about VIP check in. We printed out our boarding passes a few weeks ago & it shows "VIP" on it. Just logged on & it still shows "VIP" on the board passes.

But just checked the "MY VIFP" link & it shows I'm "Gold" & "need 27 VIFP points until Platinum".

So what's the current rules?

Will we be upgraded to Platinum based on hitting our 10th cruise next month?

Any grandfathering?

Or we're still Gold until 27 more days/points?

Thanks,

We have 9 cruises (48 days, & now 48 VIFP points). We were so looking forward to our next CCL cruise next month, when we hit our 10th cruise & be upgraded to Platinum. Actually was excited about VIP check in. We printed out our boarding passes a few weeks ago & it shows "VIP" on it. Just logged on & it still shows "VIP" on the board passes.

But just checked the "MY VIFP" link & it shows I'm "Gold" & "need 27 VIFP points until Platinum".

So what's the current rules?

Will we be upgraded to Platinum based on hitting our 10th cruise next month?

Any grandfathering?

Or we're still Gold until 27 more days/points?

Thanks,

I'm in the same boat. Yes, we will be platinum on the 10th cruise even though our profiles indicate gold and X amount of days required to reach platinum.

I booked my platinum cruise yesterday. I asked the PVP about these things because I was not sure about them as well. She said we would have boarding privilges and that platinum will not show up on the computer until the day we sail because that is when we become platinum. I said "So I won"t have a platinum sail and sign card?" She assured me that it would be because at the time of making the card we would be considered platinum. I guess they don't do it on the website in case you cancel the cruise.

There should be a gold box on your My Cruises section of your profile that states Close to advancing to Platinum under our old program? Take X # of cruises (how ever many you need to reach platinum) before 12/31/13 (or as mine says within 18 months) and you'll automatically advance~

Cruise#8,9,10,11 will done by the end of this year..I had negitive comments on the leaked new program and said it on this board and on carnivals!! You know what? It worked!!! Will be platinum in sept..So too all of us (CLOSE TO GETTING PLATINUM) that put complaints on these boards about the new program,,Carnival did listen, they were sitting in the background watching what people were saying.. Those of you that mocked us here and on carnivals site it worked out for us!! It is sometimes good to have BIG mouth!!!

They will not bump your points to 75. You will be Platinum but with whatever # of points you have. For example, we were Platinum already but had 68 points. It says exactly that on our profile. No bump to 75 points. It will still takes us the same amount of time as everyone else to get to Diamond. Which is very fair.

Archived