How low is low?

Friend100

Sharing ...

ms Eurodam, December 8th, 7-night Eastern Caribbean, for 2 adults 2 kids in a category VF balcony cabin ... $1780 CAD total with tax/fee included. I think inside stateroom is $150-$200 less. This is obviously still a few months before final payment deadline.

I know this is on the "perceivably-less-kid-friendly" Holland American Line (which my kids like :rolleyes:), it is during the lowest point of the off season, but it is going to 4 beautiful ports (a rarity now on the Eastern route). This is less than $64 (plus tips/service charge) per person, per day, and this is on HAL! I doubt I can get this price on any Carnival, Norwegian or Royal Caribbean 7-day Caribbean cruise departing from Florida.

Too bad we are not able to cruise at that time of the year. :(

But I mean ... how low is low for a 7-day Caribbean for a family of 4?

Please share yours if you like to.

Sharing ...

ms Eurodam, December 8th, 7-night Eastern Caribbean, for 2 adults 2 kids in a category VF balcony cabin ... $1780 CAD total with tax/fee included. I think inside stateroom is $150-$200 less. This is obviously still a few months before final payment deadline.

I know this is on the "perceivably-less-kid-friendly" Holland American Line (which my kids like :rolleyes:), it is during the lowest point of the off season, but it is going to 4 beautiful ports (a rarity now on the Eastern route). This is less than $64 (plus tips/service charge) per person, per day, and this is on HAL! I doubt I can get this price on any Carnival, Norwegian or Royal Caribbean 7-day Caribbean cruise departing from Florida.

I don't normally sail in the Caribbean, but I generally follow the rule that a decent price is less than $90/day (excluding tips)/person... but that's for an inside or oceanview cabin. $64/person/day sounds excellent considering it's a balcony cabin.

Cruises are with 2 adults and 2 kids.

2009 was $1,529.92 for a 9-night on Norwegian Dawn in December.

2010 was $459.06 for a 7-night on Norwegian Sun in December (not repeatable...had a credit because our original 14-day cruise in 2009 was cancelled, which ended up being great for us because we had a wonderful Disney vacation while waiting for the newly rebooked cruise).

$1,967.28 for 7-night on Freedom of the Seas last October. Due to free character dining and other kid-centric activities, considered that this took the place of $300-$400 of Disney activities. Plus I really wanted to be on a Royal Caribbean ship that had the Royal Promenade. Note...we originally paid $2,167.28, but due to a freak storm the first night we got $200 in onboard credit...this was the kind of credit that could be refunded in cash...I believe ours went to tips.

If you want to get picky, you could take $100 off the two NCL cruises above, since we had the future cruise credits on both (pay $250, get $100 onboard credit and $250 towards next cruise deposit).

Sounds like a great deal to me. Our absolute top is $100 pp per night, not counting tips, but we prefer to be much less. (Balcony cabin) We manage this by cruising in lower demand seasons, almost every year in early December, for instance, or a TA.

We might pay more for some exotic, bucket-list cruise like Tahiti.

Sounds amazing to me. Our first cruise was $2200 for a balcony cabin on NCL Sun, second was $2700 for mini suite on NCL Star. Both cruises left Jan 1 for 7 days so premium pricing. Next cruise is March out of NY, total for aft mini is just over $5000 for 9 days.

Apparently we need to find a way to cruise at a different time of year lol!

Cruises are with 2 adults and 2 kids.

Couldn't edit...but I should note that the prices were all for interior rooms. I'll upgrade on rare occasions, I "think" we had an obstructed oceanview for our Alaska cruise, we had an oceanview for a Transatlantic, and a balcony for a Disney Cruise (had a newborn, so we knew we'd spend a lot of time in the cabin). Otherwise, why pay for a view when it just takes a few steps to see the same thing (and why pay for a balcony when you're scared your kids will try to jump overboard)?

We are cruising this fall. With 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) in a balcony room it came to $2000. There were better deals if we left out of Florida but then we would have had to factor in air fare for 4 of us. So we chose the port that is closest to us and drivable.

Sharing ...

i paid for 2 people about the same $1600 I guess. Its perfectly kid friendly ,dont worry

Archived