Transportation from NY 7th Ave and 28th St to the Manhattan Pier

prillacj

It depends, in part. on how many pc. of luggages your group has in total.

Did a quick lookup from popular "car & limo" services - a "limo" bus for up to 12 pax & luggage is priced at $178 plus tips (20%) or a full sized van for 9 pax & 10 pc. of luggage at $124 plus tips.

Or, try getting into 2 taxi's - it will take 4 pax each + reasonable pc. of luggages, if you are lucky enough, you might haul the yellow mini-vans or SUV's - and you will save $$$ for such as short distance - 25 city blocks - both drivers should easily stay close to each other ...

We have taken the MegaBus many times even with 8 people and have determined grabbing a couple of cabs which are right there has worked out the best for us. It is about $12 including tip per cab. Trip is about 10 minutes. Hope this helps

Why would you all need to be in the same vehicle? Grab a few cabs. Cheap and no advance planning needed. Or, if you don't have tons of luggage, walk. It would take around 30 minutes at a very leisurely pace. Just make sure you walk west first and don't try to go up 7th ave or you'll hit crazy crowds around Penn Station and then the bus terminal.

More than 1 cab is fine but how many people fit in a cab? 8 adults, 8 pieces of luggage and 8 smaller bags. transportation is needed - older adults going.

You could probably squeeze into 2 cabs but 3 might be more comfortable.

Currently in NYC there are several types of vehicles being used as yellow cabs.

Legally you can only have as many people in the taxi as there are seatbelts so for most that is 4 passengers plus the driver. You might get 5 in the minivan cabs.

So there are Toyota Prius taxis, you'd probably need 3 of those with all your luggage. There are also minivans and SUVs which have more luggage room and then there are these new cabs that are sort of like tiny buses made by Nissan, they are just rolling them out, I've only seen a few.

Here is a website with info on most of the taxi types although I didn't see the prius and I know they exist because I've ridden in them.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/media/totweb/taxioftomorrow_taxioftoday.html

Also, the "taxi of tomorrow" is the new style.

As others have said, 2 or even 3 cabs are probably going to be cheaper than arranging something.

And, you do not have to coordinate your arrival time. What if bus is early, or late?

It is a short and cheap cab ride. Pretty sure you can all meet up at the other end.

You're not going that far. It's only about 25 blocks to the pier. Grab some cabs. You'll all be dropped off at the same place so there's no chance of anyone getting lost even if you're in separate cabs.

• 1 year later...

It's a VERY short ride. If you didn't have luggage to lug, you could walk it. I wouldn't bother with a car service. If you're running late or "whatever" they''ll most likely charge you additional for waiting and their base rate will probably be more than if you got 3 cabs anyway. I don't think a cab would be more than $12-$15) and they will be plentiful and easy to flag down. With luggage, you'll probably need 3 cabs. 3 pax, 3 pax, and 2 pax.

Edited by marco