Norwegian Epic or RCCL Liberty of the Seas?

tikkas

Hello!

I have the opportunity to take a cruise out of Barcelona in July, on either the Epic or the Liberty of the Seas. The journey is quite similar, there is not much difference in the price. Which one should I go for? The travellers would be my husband and I - 38 years old, looking for relaxation, good facilities and entertainment options, balcony or minisuite.

thank you!

I've sailed on both ships and the Liberty of the Seas is by far a much nicer ship. The Epic is too big and has very little peaceful outdoor space. In fact, the ship was way too noisy. The ship is too long not to have a central elevator. so if your cabin is midship you have a bit of walking to do to reach an elevator. The pool area is far too small for the ship that size and there is no outdoor promenade deck. The cabins are horrible. The toilet is on one side and the shower is on the other (2 separate "booths") and the sink is in the bedroom. So you actually step out of the stall shower into the bedroom. The main dining room food is much better. I enjoy NCL ships but definitely not the Epic. In fact, if you have a look the next ship coming out is based on Epic but they had to make a lot of modifications due to the disappointing results.

I've been on the Liberty of the Seas 5 times and the Epic twice. I did a cruise on each in January to help me decide which one one I wanted to do for a med cruise and the TA in October. After doing both I decided on the Epic. So we will be on it for 20 days. Maybe because I've been on the Liberty so many times I'm just getting tired of it. I really enjoy the entertainment on the Epic so that really made the decision easier. Because the med cruise is so port intensive I don't really think you could make a mistake with either one. Just my opinion.

I've done both ships and though 2 years later my bad memories of the Epic have faded and I think now I would redo it for some of the better things experienced...I would chose the Liberty any day hands down...I just think Royal delivers a better experience IMHO....

Archived