Buying Wine in FLL

GramaFran

I will be arriving late on Sat and want to purchase wine or champagne on Sunday morning in Ft. Lauderdale. Is there a store near Hampton Inn on 12th St. Also any liquor laws about buying wine on Sundays.

Wine can be purchased at drug stores and grocery stores here in FL.

Can you give the exact address of your hotel and I'll try to find you a store nearby. I don't know where 12thstreet is?

You cannot buy any alcohol until 12 noon on Sunday.

Pennstategal

That's one of the motels off of State Road 84 - Not a nice area, and not one I would recommend walking around in, especially not at night!!! IIRC there's a strip mall around that Hampton Inn, but I don't remember what's in it.

around the Holiday Inn Express on SW 17th. Is there a store I can buy wine on Sat. night. Your stating that the area around the Hampton Inn was not the safest, scared me as I am traveling alone.

So I moved hotels. Again thank you for your help.

Francine

Yes there is, that's a MUCH nicer, safer area. There are many many shops and restaurants along SE17th Street and it's a safe, well lit area.

There is a brand new Publix grocery store that sells wine in a new strip mall behind the Embassy Suites, just a couple of blocks west of the Holiday Inn Express, and there's a Crown Wine & Spirits store across the street to the north from the Embassy Suites on Cordova Road... http://crownliquors.com/

• 4 weeks later...
You cannot buy any alcohol until 12 noon on Sunday.

:eek: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! That just killed our plans. We're flying in at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday and were planning to buy wine after we arrived. We're from Nevada home of 24 hour liquor so we forget that different states have different laws. What a total bummer. :(

• 3 months later...

We're cruising from Ft. Lauderdale on Monday, November 7. We'll be staying Sunday night at the Marriott Courtyard by the airport. No car, no plans to rent one. But a cab ride or 2 won't bother us.

Looking for a place to buy 4 or 5 bottles of wine to carry on board. We could buy it either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.

We can try to buy it close to the hotel. Or is there someplace close to the Cruise Terminal (walking distance?) so that we can get the wine on Monday, either before or after we check in to the ship?

Thanks for the anticipated help!

Well there's nothing within walking distance of the Courtyard except Bass Pro Shops and Islamorada Fish Co. restaurant. I'm drawing a blank, I can't think of anyplace even close to there that would have wine.

Once you get into Port Everglades, especially from where Celebrity docks, it's an extremely long walk out, and the area isn't set up for walking anyway, so you would need a taxi.

The only liquor stores I'm familiar with are all along SE 17th Street, just outside of the north entrance to the port. There's a Crown Wine & Spirits on Cordova Road, across from the big yellow Embassy Suites, behind the Chevron Station. There's a 67 Wine & Spirits in the strip mall across the street from Crown to the east. There's also a Publix grocery store that has beer & wine in the strip mall behind the Embassy Suites.

Archived