Accumulating Captain' credits question

fortinweb

I know how Celebrity's loyalty program works. 1-4 credits = Classic. 5 to 9 credits = Select. 10+ credits = Elite. Credits are earned one per cruise, an additional credit for cruises 12 nights or longer, and one additional credit for category Concierge Class or higher. Credits are not based on number of days cruised.

A report on Cruise Critic news pages describes Carnival's revamped loyalty program. A sentence that caught my eye: "the new levels are determined by days cruised, an industry standard model, rather than number of cruises completed."

Seeing that the days-per-cruise calculation is reported to be the industry standard, do you think there is any chance that Celebrity will eventually go to this format?

Slightly off topic - we are about to do our first X cruise, I understand we can't join th Captains Club until after we have cruised, but, will we get he credits for the cruise we have already done?

Yes, it counts toward your totals.

I know how Celebrity's loyalty program works. 1-4 credits = Classic. 5 to 9 credits = Select. 10+ credits = Elite. Credits are earned one per cruise, an additional credit for cruises 12 nights or longer, and one additional credit for category Concierge Class or higher. Credits are not based on number of days cruised.

A report on Cruise Critic news pages describes Carnival's revamped loyalty program. A sentence that caught my eye: "the new levels are determined by days cruised, an industry standard model, rather than number of cruises completed."

Seeing that the days-per-cruise calculation is reported to be the industry standard, do you think there is any chance that Celebrity will eventually go to this format?

Don't know if so, but the big question is whether current cruisers would be grandfathered at their current levels.

Don't know if so, but the big question is whether current cruisers would be grandfathered at their current levels.

We were grandfathered in on RCCL when they made the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were grandfathered in on RCCL when they made the switch.

Met a couple in Oasis last year that were one CRUISE from D+ but after the conversion they were 12 days short. They had been taking 3 and 4 day cruises which left them a wee bit short and of course very upset, to put it mildly;). ~ Ric

Archived