Purchase Liquor/Wine/Soda Packages prior to sailing?

mouseterd1

Never sailed before on Princess and can't seem to find on their website if you can purchase or have gifted to you a liquor/wine/soda package prior to boarding. If not, can and where can you purchase once aboard, or is there not such a thing. Thank you.

Never sailed before on Princess and can't seem to find on their website if you can purchase or have gifted to you a liquor/wine/soda package prior to boarding. If not, can and where can you purchase once aboard, or is there not such a thing. Thank you.

It's all they way at the bottom under gifts & services

Here is the link: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/index.jsp

Princess doesn't have a liquor package. They are testing a new wine package on several ships but is not available fleet wide. Minimum package is seven bottles and apparently is on cruises of ten days or more. As you can see from the above post you can purchase buy five/get six beers or canned soft drinks. The Unlimited Soda Package is for soft drinks from the bar soda gun and makes sense if you drink more than two sodas a day. The Ultimate Soda & More Package may make sense if you want fruit juices all day (free only at breakfast) or have shakes or mocktails.

We don't sail until next May, but after much research, you can gift yourself bottles of liquor, and bring bottled water and soda on board with you. I've also read that you can buy bottles of liquor at the bar. That one I'm not 100% sure on, but I have read that.

Hi We are cruising for the first time on Princess Cruises in September. Can anyone tell me if its possible to prepurchase the Soda Package? We have found the information on the cost and whats included within gifts and services but cant work out how we can actually buy it!

Thanks for your help.

Gillian

We pre-ordered scotch and were delivered a certificate when I thought the scotch would already be in the room. You then had to call room service to get the item delivered. Pre-ordered price was $17.00 and room service menu price was $15.00. My suggestion if you are ordering for yourself, just wait until you get there.

You can also pre-order the soda package, but when you board you there should be several tables selling the stickers anyway. We had two rooms and I ordered the kids packages to our room but only received one sticker attached to my husbands card (but received three scotch certificates). Just a bit of hassle getting his sticker removed and attached to one of the kids cards and then had to purchase the other two stickers again. Of course I had to check with the front desk first about what I was charged for. A good value (ultimate package aka soda and more) since mocktails, juice, milkshakes and hot chocolate are included.

Hi We are cruising for the first time on Princess Cruises in September. Can anyone tell me if its possible to prepurchase the Soda Package? We have found the information on the cost and whats included within gifts and services but cant work out how we can actually buy it!

Thanks for your help.

Gillian

You can use the attached form to prepurchase http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf but after you board it will be almost impossible to miss places to purchase the package and that is probably easier.

We pre-ordered scotch and were delivered a certificate when I thought the scotch would already be in the room. You then had to call room service to get the item delivered. Pre-ordered price was $17.00 and room service menu price was $15.00. My suggestion if you are ordering for yourself, just wait until you get there.

Pre-order price includes the 15% tip which will be added to the room service menu price for alcohol. So the onboard price will end up being $17.25.

I've also read that you can buy bottles of liquor at the bar. That one I'm not 100% sure on, but I have read that.

Not true.

You can order some 350ml-375ml bottles from room service.

You can purchase larger bottles in an onboard botique, but they will be held until the last evening of the cruise.

We bought the soda cards ahead of time. I preferred that only because i paid directly with my credit card so it wasn't billed to my onboard account. I like to prepay in advance if at all possible. The only downside is if you board before you're able to go to your room. The cup is in the room so you do have to wait until then (although you can still use your card and get your soda in a regular cup from any bar). Otherwise, as everyone has said, there are several stations set up all over for the coffee cards and soda packages.

Pre-order price includes the 15% tip which will be added to the room service menu price for alcohol. So the onboard price will end up being $17.25.

Thanks for clarifying that! I did not think of the service charge involved....

Princess also allows you to bring aboard one bottle of wine per person over age 21. Ask your cabin steward for wine glasses and corkscrew. My sister gifted us a bottle of Crown Royal and we gifted ourselves with bottle of vodka. Brought on bottle of olives for martinis.

Princess also allows you to bring aboard one bottle of wine per person over age 21. Ask your cabin steward for wine glasses and corkscrew. My sister gifted us a bottle of Crown Royal and we gifted ourselves with bottle of vodka. Brought on bottle of olives for martinis.

Hi

Where does this bottle of wine have to be packed, suitcase or hand luggage?

Cheers

Wendy

Hi

Cheers

Wendy

From our experience, North American ports such as Ft. Lauderdale, Los Angeles and Vancouver and South American ports such as Buenos Aires and Santiago are liberal with wine. We have routinely carried on 3-5 bottles or even several magnums at Los Angeles (San Pedro) with an occasional box wine in our checked baggage. Don't have experience sailing out of UK ports if that is your point of departure.

We will NEVER pre-order the soda card. We did it on our Grand cruise in November and it ended up being a huge mistake. Nobody knew how it worked but eventually we found out we needed a voucher which is delivered to your room. It can take a day to get it. In our case we wasted a ton of time trying to get it so we could use it right away only to end up paying for soda until the voucher arrived in our room and then getting credit for the sodas we paid for after waiting in line at the passenger services desk. The cards are easy to get once you board and there are enough tables around to buy them from. I would just wait till you board. It was far more inconvenient to buy it ahead of time.

Hi

Cheers

Wendy

We carried on the wine, tonic water, and some other bottles of soda in a tote bag that zipped up across the top. You have to put bags through x-ray at security. A backpack would work also.

Archived