Complicated Question---Easy answer?

Let me set the stage. 6 cruisers-two cabins. A,B,C booked in one cabin. D, E F in the other. After boarding we will change so the A and D are in one cabin-B,C,E and F in another. A and D want to pay gratuities and excursions for both cabins. B wants to pay for any onboard charges for B, C E and F.

How do I set this up? Can I set it up this way? Any advice or info will be appr?ciated. BTW, we are sailing on the Pride on 7/8.

Let me set the stage. 6 cruisers-two cabins. A,B,C booked in one cabin. D, E F in the other. After boarding we will change so the A and D are in one cabin-B,C,E and F in another. A and D want to pay gratuities and excursions for both cabins. B wants to pay for any onboard charges for B, C E and F.

How do I set this up? Can I set it up this way? Any advice or info will be appr?ciated. BTW, we are sailing on the Pride on 7/8.

OUCH!

my head hurts

Well I won't ask why you did not book this way to begin with or how 4 will sleep in a cabin for 3 :confused: but the excursion part is easy. Just have A and D purchase any excursion tickets needed for all with their Sail and Sign once on board. The rest of it...well let us know how it works out. :rolleyes:

Not too hard except maybe the issue about 4 people being in a 3 person cabin. Not all 3 person cabins can accomodate 4, nor will they necessarily allow it.

But having said that go to GS and have the keys changed for everyone except E and F.

I would probably have A call Carnival right now to prepay all the gratuities for each cabin getting that part out of the way.

When you are filling out the funpass and at check-in have B put C, E and F on her charge card. But if they are on a different booking number that may not be capable until it gets changed around on the ship.

Does the cabin that D,E,F are booked into actually sleep 4? I know guest services can do the room key switcheroo once onboard, but will then allow 4 people in a cabin that only accommodates 3?

I have know idea myself.. just putting it out there.

Thank you, everyone, for your help. We will go to Guest Services asap on boarding. thanks also for the reminder about 3 or 4 to a cabin. We will have one of the grandkids sleep in our cabin but I want their charges to go to their mom's account.

I said it was complicated :)

Why dont you all just pre pay the tips with your agent and get it all out of the way before you sail

you all keep the same sign and sail card and ask for extra room key for each room

Does the cabin that D,E,F are booked into actually sleep 4? I know guest services can do the room key switcheroo once onboard, but will then allow 4 people in a cabin that only accommodates 3?

I have know idea myself.. just putting it out there.

they do not do bed checks-- you can sleep how many you want-- but if the cabin has only two beds-- where will the others sleep

Some cabins have convertible sofas and other cabins have sofas that are small like a love seat

There were no more 4 person cabins when we booked with a group, so my daughter was set up in another cabin. When I did the online booking I put her on my credit card and her gratuities where charged to me, not the cabin. We also went to guest services and got her a key card to our room, so she ended up with 2 cards- her sail and sign and then the key card. Because we were in a 3 person cabin they could not move her to our cabin, but we still had her sleep in there (her and my son shared the couch. 9 and 8 at the time).

So- prepay the gratuities before you cruise would be the easiest. And excursions can be paid with your sail and sign card.

Get extra room cards for B, C, E, F.

Set up the sail and sign cards during online booking and have them all under B for C,E,F.

You didn't say how old the grandkids are, but if they go to camp carnival, one of the nights their was a "Fun til 3" party for the 9 year old group. I was worried that the room assignment was going to be an issue, becuase they drop off at their cabins at 3 am and my daughter was technically in a different cabin. Anyway, it wasn't an issue- the staff just subervised the kids to their rooms, so my daughter didn't have a problem coming to our room and using her key card. Just something to think about- had I known I would have had my son in the other cabin and my daughter assigned to ours *just in case*

This is why I sucked at math! It's like an upside down and backwards SAT question. Here goes anyway... One, have A and D call Carnival and pay for all gratuities and excursions now. Just give them the booking number and they should be able to set that up. If you wait to decide on excursions just do that once on board. Step three I think is have B call Carnival to set up onboard charges for the others. Step four is the tricky bit I think but I would call Carnival now and tell them what you want to do and let them work it out for you. After all you are the paying customer and it is your vacation. The tricky bit is not all cabins sleep 3 or even 4! So if things are booked solid someone will probably end up on the floor.

Archived