Problems on the Zuiderdam??

calteacher

We cruised to Alaska on the Z last June 4, and are cruising same itinerary this year on 7/28. We loved the ship, and the crew, and the Captain. Cannot wait! Will report back when we get back.

We cruised to Alaska on the Z last June 4, and are cruising same itinerary this year on 7/28. We loved the ship, and the crew, and the Captain. Cannot wait! Will report back when we get back.

Thanks V and S, hope you have a wonderful cruise and please come back an tell us about your trip.

From my perspective this is not a Zuiderdam issue, it is a HAL issue.

I suspect that they are cutting back by delaying preventative maintenance or replacement in drycock of engineering systems that loose their effeciency over time.

They then compound the issue by having the front desk staff insult customers by responding that this is the first that they have heard about the problem. Or not respond to customers when those customers want the issue to elevate these issues directly to senior management by way of a meeting.

Celebrity has consistently gotten higher marks for their food in the past which may be why HAL is trying to take things up a notch with their Celebrity Chef menus. First time I have heard P&O has better food. Interesting. I don't see the Jewel listed as a P&O ship - was this recent? http://www.pocruises.com/Cruise-Ships/

P&O Australia line

The wife and I sailed the Z in April this yr to the carribean and partial canal transit.

Im happy to report there were no visable signs of plumbing issues, either in cabins or public spaces. Once in a while a public area would be closed for cleaning,but thats it.

I never overheard other guests complaining either.

Its seems thsi shop has become somewhat of an "urban legend" when it comes to plumbing. Im sure there may have been occassional problems,but the engineering staff seew well equipped to deal with them.

Remember...these are SHIPS toilets. More sensative to clogging issues than standard home toilets. Do NOT throw anything into them but TP.

OK, enough "toilet chat"!

Enjoy your cruise. Its a fine ship with a good crew!

Bon Voyage!

The wife and I sailed the Z in April this yr to the southern carribean and partial canal transit.

Im happy to report there were no visable signs of plumbing issues, either in cabins or public spaces. Once in a while a public area would be closed for cleaning,but thats it.

I never overheard other guests complaining either.

Its seems this shop has become somewhat of an "urban legend" when it comes to plumbing. I'm sure there may have been occasional problems,but the engineering staff seems well equipped to deal with them.

Remember...these are SHIPS toilets. More sensative to clogging issues than standard home toilets. Do NOT throw anything into them but TP.

OK, enough "toilet chat"!

Enjoy your cruise. Its a fine ship with a good crew!

Bon Voyage!

Archived