Live From Carnival Breeze: Questions, Comments, Cocktails on Me?

Dan Askin

Is this what you're talking about -- forgive me, but I'm not familiar with the term "companion" bathrooms. That person in the mirror is seriously creepy. The waterfall panel behind the toilet is a nice touch, too. Makes me think of -- never mind.

Thank you so much!!!!! This is exactly what I needed to know. I have booked the Dream for this october for my parents and I and am hoping to book the Breeze for early next year (as long as they enjoy the Dream). My mother is a wheelchair user and needs assistance - when my Dad is helping her (which he does often), it is easier to use the single, wheelchair accessible washroom than for him to take her into the ladies room (though he will do that if he has to).

I really do appreciate the picture - I hope that your cruise was wonderful and that you enjoyed every minute!

You are correct. One of the plugs powers the TV, one the interactive satellite component.

Thanks Dan

My next question, last year we went in Royal Caribbean in Europe we purchased a European Internet Booster from our mobile supplier, which was great, however once we left port it sent us a text advising us 'welcome to America' which meant the Internet didn't work, we plan this year to purchase a European Booster & US Booster too.

Can you tell me does your provider swop between US & Europe when you pull away from port? Hopes this makes some sense ;/

It's just a shame Carnaval Internet to soooo expensive....

Thanks Dan

My next question, last year we went in Royal Caribbean in Europe we purchased a European Internet Booster from our mobile supplier, which was great, however once we left port it sent us a text advising us 'welcome to America' which meant the Internet didn't work, we plan this year to purchase a European Booster & US Booster too.

Can you tell me does your provider swop between US & Europe when you pull away from port? Hopes this makes some sense ;/

It's just a shame Carnaval Internet to soooo expensive....

I'm really not sure about the Internet boosters -- I've been using Carnival's satellite stuff, which has been pretty decent -- but there are a few mobile-savvy people in our group, so I'll try to grab one of them.

We are thinking about booking the Breeze for next March. We are planning on travelling with our 5 year old kid. Is the Waterworks the same as the ones on the Magic? Is there a kiddie pool? Thanks :)

I don't know if the WaterWorks is exactly the same as the Magic, but it appears to be (for all intents and purposes). Rode the slides (twister, bowl) a few times yesterday and was gunned down by rubber-hose wielding assassins as I trudged through the aqua park area en route back up to the slide entrances. There isn't a separate kids' pool, but the WaterWorks is torrential. The Power Drencher (or "dump bucket," as Carnival no longer calls it) elicits particularly piercing shrieks of delight every time it reverses poles and lets loose a deluge.

I'm really not sure about the Internet boosters -- I've been using Carnival's satellite stuff, which has been pretty decent -- but there are a few mobile-savvy people in our group, so I'll try to grab one of them.

Thanks Dan, wish Carnival would review their charges they are rather steep:rolleyes:

•*480 minutes for $159 USD

•*240 minutes for $89 USD

•*120 minutes for $59 USD

•*45 minutes for $29 USD

•*Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

Thanks Dan, wish Carnival would review their charges they are rather steep:rolleyes:

•*480 minutes for $159 USD

•*240 minutes for $89 USD

•*120 minutes for $59 USD

•*45 minutes for $29 USD

•*Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

On the Magic TA and the Breeze inaugural, they had a world traveler package that was 1000 minutes for $300, the rest of the prices were as above

Here's a skewer shot. Don't have anything else at the moment.

carniaval-breeze-tandoor-restaurant.jpg

Dan love your info were on the Breeze in February for an 8 nighter cant wait! loved the Indian on the Dream, do they still have the great Samosa's, Nan & Curried Chicken ?

The Blue Iguana Tervis equivalent was $12.95 (oddly, the cup was $9.95 + $3 for the lid), but I'll double check on the RedFrog version this evening. Here's a group shot of most of the new novelty cups. That tiki head Maori thing ($9.95) always brings a physiologically impossible infinity-shaped smile to my face. Was told that the cups are 16 ounces, but once you buy one you get 16-ounce concoctions for the price of the 12-ounce versions.

carnival-breeze-novelty-cup-offerings.jpg

Going to have to get me some new cups on my next cruise. :D

We are reading in all the books about pick pockets at all the ports have you heard of any and how were the excursions Thanks

I was on the Magic out of Barcelona last October, and one of the members from our roll call here had his pocket picked in Barcelona the day before we embarked on the ship.

On a separate occasion, a friend of mine was pick pocketed in Rome.

It is a real problem that the travel guides aren't over stating.

Having said that a good money belt and being aware of your surroundings can go a long way towards limiting the problem.

Duane-O

I do have a question… please and thanks :D

I am currently booked in an Aft Ext Balcony on the Empress deck. There is 1 more Aft stateroom that will accommodate my party of 3 on the Vista Deck.

Which deck would be the best..my current room or Move up to the Vista deck ?

It looks like there is an over hang from the Lido deck over the room on the Vista deck… will this make this balcony less sunny? I am looking forward to basking in the sun...

I like the idea of being closer to the Lido deck but not sure if it’s the right move…

Thoughts?

Thanks very much..

We are reading in all the books about pick pockets at all the ports have you heard of any and how were the excursions Thanks

They are alive and thriving! No joke in the travel books....our friends were also pick pocketed on the metro in Barcelona 2 days before we left on our cruise. I used a money belt and also a PacSafe. Me and my mom each had a PacSafe money belt and I carried a PacSafe CamSafe for my DSLR.

I agree about the pickpockets. Always happening. Just take out what you need for the day. The danger is getting from the airport to the hotel and hotel to the ship with all your money passport and valuables. Even heard of small bags being lifted off the top of suitcases. Don't drag them behind you.

The Blue Iguana Tervis equivalent was $12.95 (oddly, the cup was $9.95 + $3 for the lid), but I'll double check on the RedFrog version this evening. Here's a group shot of most of the new novelty cups. That tiki head Maori thing ($9.95) always brings a physiologically impossible infinity-shaped smile to my face. Was told that the cups are 16 ounces, but once you buy one you get 16-ounce concoctions for the price of the 12-ounce versions.

carnival-breeze-novelty-cup-offerings.jpg

I *NEED* at least one of the Tervis tumblers :) he parrot and tiki are pretty cool, too.

Hmm, well I know the Trevi Fountain is a notorious spot -- crowded, peoples' attentions on snapping pics -- but it's just a question of being very aware of your surroundings and taking some basic precautions. Apropos of something, I recently reviewed a pair of "Pick-Pocket Proof" pants.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/06/05/we-didnt-get-pickpocketed-on-a-med-cruise-was-it-the-pants/

Hi Dan, thanks for taking the time to answer questions. We are on the July 9th sailing and was wondering if many/most men are wearing suits for the Elegant nights? I am travelling with my husband and 2 boys and adding a suit (with all the trimmings) really adds to luggage weight. Have always packed suits for them in the past, but with the more relaxed dress code, what are people actually wearing?

Archived