Chef's Table

tjc78

I know that my Fiance and I want to do the Chef's Table on our upcoming cruise. My question is are you able to reserve it right in the port (NYC) before you board?

I seem to remember from last year a table with specialty dining menus, etc.

If that isn't possible, on the Gem I assume you would head to the desk (near the giant screen in the Atrium) and book it there?

Thanks, I know she really wants to do it, and I would hate to miss out as I know seating is extremely limited and from all accounts here can't be booked online ahead of time. We are staying in NYC the night before so will be at the port fairly early and one of the first groups on the ship.

I booked it in the Suite waiting area prior to boarding the Sky in April...and it was FANTASTIC!:D Funny thing though.....they say it's for up to 12 and only 10 signed up! I really thought it would be full!

Can't wait until September....I'm going in for round #2!!!:cool:

Can anybody elaborate more on the specifics of the meal. Courses? Or maybe a tasting menu. Or maybe no menu at all, chef's choice. If you have been what were you served and how would you rate the food & the service as opposed to say one of the specialty restaurants?

Can anybody elaborate more on the specifics of the meal. Courses? Or maybe a tasting menu. Or maybe no menu at all, chef's choice. If you have been what were you served and how would you rate the food & the service as opposed to say one of the specialty restaurants?

I am interested as well. I also wondered if it would be available on an Alaskan cruise. I have always wanted to try not sure if I can talk the DH into it but I am interested.

Nine courses, paired with 4 different wines. Skip lunch!

Amuse Bouche was mango with vodka and jalapeno salsa, followed by Lavosh and Ahi Tuna Tartare. Then an Asparagus Cream soup (AMAZING! and I really don't care for asparagus!), and a Short Crust Tartlet with goat cheese and sun-dried tomato. A Granite to cleanse the palate, and then the first of two entrees. Pan Seared Sea Bass, followed by Milk-Fed Veal Chop. A Cheese course was next, followed by two desserts, Yogurt Mousse Dome and Chocolate Log.

Food and service were amazing... we tend to eat in the specialty restaurants a lot, and this was the best dining experience I've had on a cruise!

I am interested as well. I also wondered if it would be available on an Alaskan cruise. I have always wanted to try not sure if I can talk the DH into it but I am interested.

According to the press release in February when they officially launched Chef's Table, it's available on every ship, every sailing:

This exclusive dining experience is offered for a cover charge of $75 per person, including gratuities, a behind-the-scenes galley tour, one group photo and an individual photo with the Executive Chef. The Chef's Table is limited to 12 guests per exclusive dining experience and is offered once per cruise on board Norwegian ships fleet-wide, with the exception of Norwegian Jade which rolls out March 22, 2012.

Talk him into it! It's worth every penny!

I booked it in the Suite waiting area prior to boarding the Sky in April...and it was FANTASTIC!:D Funny thing though.....they say it's for up to 12 and only 10 signed up! I really thought it would be full!

Can't wait until September....I'm going in for round #2!!!:cool:

What port was this out of ? I'll be staying in a suite in august and would love to dine at the chef's table... hope this was out of NYC!

What port was this out of ? I'll be staying in a suite in august and would love to dine at the chef's table... hope this was out of NYC!

I was on the Sky out of Miami...hopefully they will do the same thing for those in the suite waiting area!:cool:

Amuse Bouche was mango with vodka and jalapeno salsa, followed by Lavosh and Ahi Tuna Tartare. Then an Asparagus Cream soup (AMAZING! and I really don't care for asparagus!), and a Short Crust Tartlet with goat cheese and sun-dried tomato. A Granite to cleanse the palate, and then the first of two entrees. Pan Seared Sea Bass, followed by Milk-Fed Veal Chop. A Cheese course was next, followed by two desserts, Yogurt Mousse Dome and Chocolate Log.

Food and service were amazing... we tend to eat in the specialty restaurants a lot, and this was the best dining experience I've had on a cruise!

Sounds great Thanks for your response

According to the press release in February when they officially launched Chef's Table, it's available on every ship, every sailing:

This exclusive dining experience is offered for a cover charge of $75 per person, including gratuities, a behind-the-scenes galley tour, one group photo and an individual photo with the Executive Chef. The Chef's Table is limited to 12 guests per exclusive dining experience and is offered once per cruise on board Norwegian ships fleet-wide, with the exception of Norwegian Jade which rolls out March 22, 2012.

Talk him into it! It's worth every penny!

It sounds wonderful! Thanks for the info. :D

I recently did the Chef's Table on Norwegian Star and it was excellent. Not only was each course good but the comments made by the chef introducing each course were insightful and interesting. He also gave the participants a good tour of the galley the next day.

Archived