Miami hotels

jaspersmommy

In April /13 we will be cruising out of Port Everglades but our flights are in and out of Miami. We will disembark the morning of April 20 but do not fly out of Miami until mid-morning on April 21. I would like to stay overnight in Miami on the night of the 20th.

I'm looking for a nice, clean hotel in Miami. Can anyone recommend a hotel with a view that is on the more reasonable end of the price range? I will also be paying for a second room for someone else, so certainly can't consider anything for several hundred dollars/night.

Thank you!

More reasonable hotels with views will be in the FLL or Hollywood area, not in Miami. ;) Check www.sunny.org for info on most FLL and Hollywood area hotels.

For a view of the ocean you will need Miami Beach, not Miami - where hotels tend to be smaller and more expensive, but the dining, nightlife and beach make up the difference!

Good luck! :)

Yes, I'm familiar with the FLL hotels. Since our flight leaves in the a.m. from Miami I was hoping to stay there rather than having to drive from FLL to Miami in the morning. It would be nice to have that extra time to sleep in rather than drive.

I've looked at the Miami Beach hotels. Wow... very expensive! I was hoping someone could sugget something nice but a little more reasonable in Miami.

If you have an am flight you can stay at an airport hotel that offers free MIA shuttle service; from the airport you can use the airport flyer bus which will take you to Miami Beach for $2.35 each way.

Here is an info sheet on the bus: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

If you have an am flight you can stay at an airport hotel that offers free MIA shuttle service; from the airport you can use the airport flyer bus which will take you to Miami Beach for $2.35 each way.

Here is an info sheet on the bus: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Hey JID, just a friendly FYI. After July the Airport Flyer will be departing from the new Metrorail station at the airport. It will also drop the stop at Earlington Heights Metrorail station and it will be rebranded as the Miami Beach Airport Flyer.

Your tip still works, but once the hotel shuttle drops you off you will have to enter the terminal and head up to the third floor to pick up the MIA Mover and then go back downstairs to pick up the Flyer.

Archived