CCL BV gifts for kids

mikesteg

Can anybody advise on the value/quality "Fun in a Bag" from the Bon Voyage site? It seems to be somewhat new since I don't remember it from a few months ago. It looks like there used to be a package with the same name, but it was $25. This is $10, comes with a see through bag, towel, hat, and goggles.

It seems like it would be a decent value since my kids would probably love the bag for carrying toys, and then come home and throw 'beach parties' on the towels. Are the towels decent? I'm also wondering if the hat would be way too big for 3YOs since it's a general "kids" gift.

Seems like a no brainer for $10, especially since CCl currently only has 2 kids gifts listed...

~~~

As a side note, I ordered "Wedding Elegance" for our anniversary last month. It is a fantastic value for $20. The frame itself is probably worth $20, and you get the 2 stuffed animals, plus the mini jewelry. Though bringing a metal tube through TSA isn't the greatest fun. :D

Can anybody advise on the value/quality "Fun in a Bag" from the Bon Voyage site? It seems to be somewhat new since I don't remember it from a few months ago. It looks like there used to be a package with the same name, but it was $25. This is $10, comes with a see through bag, towel, hat, and goggles.

It seems like it would be a decent value since my kids would probably love the bag for carrying toys, and then come home and throw 'beach parties' on the towels. Are the towels decent? I'm also wondering if the hat would be way too big for 3YOs since it's a general "kids" gift.

Seems like a no brainer for $10, especially since CCl currently only has 2 kids gifts listed...

~~~

As a side note, I ordered "Wedding Elegance" for our anniversary last month. It is a fantastic value for $20. The frame itself is probably worth $20, and you get the 2 stuffed animals, plus the mini jewelry. Though bringing a metal tube through TSA isn't the greatest fun. :D

I have not seen it but what can you expect for $10?

DON

I have not seen it but what can you expect for $10?

DON

Well, that's my thought: for $10 how bad can it be?

I have 2 toddlers, so we're still at the point where a $10 surprise (particularly a basket with several things) will make them very happy.

The catch is that some of the BV stuff isn't great. I got them the Ocean Pals 5-pack for $30 last year and it was a great deal for $30, especially compared to the prices on the ship for similar items. Unfortunately, 2 of the 5 developed holes in the first day so we had to put those away until they could be sewed.

But like I said above: the wedding elegance was a great deal. Also, we got the kids $10 T-shirts in May, which we also a good deal. After that Carnival moved them into a package with a carry bag for $20, and now they are gone entirely. It wouldn't make sense for us to buy them again, at least until we need a larger size, but if they did pop back up for $10 I'd recommend them:

2860028350101336718S200x200Q85.jpg

$10 for a Carnival-logo item isn't bad.

You could MAKE a bag for less than $10...I wouldn't think it's much of a value.

Actually I don't think I could buy a carry bag plus a hat, and towel for $10. Not to mention that I can't get Carnival-logo stuff at the dollar store or Walmart. Not to mention my time, and the hassle of hiding the surprise from 2 inquisitive and eagle-eyed toddlers.

Isn't the cruise enough??

Well, no. :D

Archived