Souvenirs in Copenhagen airport

My mother and I always buy a coffee mug from every country we visit as an inexpensive souvenir. We are not big into bricabrac anymore,and since we are coffeholics this is a great way for us to have fond memories of our travels.

Are there any souvenir shops in the Copenhagen airport where we can buy coffee mugs that say Copenhagen on them at all?

The Copenhagen airport has terrific shops, almost like a mall. I am sure you can find something.

My mother and I always buy a coffee mug from every country we visit as an inexpensive souvenir. We are not big into bricabrac anymore,and since we are coffeholics this is a great way for us to have fond memories of our travels.

Are there any souvenir shops in the Copenhagen airport where we can buy coffee mugs that say Copenhagen on them at all?

The Copenhagen airport has terrific shops, almost like a mall. I am sure you can find something.

Agree 100% with the above comments. We loved the airport in this Danish capital. Parts of the terminal have nice wooden floors. They have a nice variety of shops, plus they have small carts there to hold some of your hand baggage as you look around, shop and enjoy the interesting places in this fun, interesting terminal.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 87,532 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 73,095 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Wow, the reviews I read of the Copenhagen airport were NOT good. Long lines for everything, long walks, no seating, no wifi, and everything was expensive. :(

That was not our experience. There was a line to leave off your luggage after kiosk check-in (with plenty of staff to assist with the check-in) but it went quickly. After going through security you find yourself in a lovely mall-type environment, complete with wooden floors. There are a few places to eat, usual airport food and pricing but lots of places to shop - some very inexpensive, souvenirs, food, clothing etc.

We found the Copenhagen airport as well as the main train station charming.

There are places to sit, but not always close to the gate if the holding pen is closed. So there is no reason to go to the gate too early. Wait for the signs saying "Go to gate". Also, if you have to go to the non-Schengen section of the aiport for you flight, do not go there too early, as there is not much to do in this section. At check in, the lines can be long sometimes and the check-in area a bit chaotic, but almost all airlines allow check-in via machines, which helps alot, head straight for a machine and the for bag drop. Security has usually almost no lines; although I have tried once to stand in line for 25 minutes, it's the exception. Usually 5 minutes. The shopping mall style of the aiport is a bit intrusive. After security you are forced through a big duty free shop, ignore it, and walk right through (nothing is cheap there anyway).

Generally, things are not cheap at CPH airport, but there are many good shops. and it is a nice place to browse. Overall, I like the airport.

Wow, the reviews I read of the Copenhagen airport were NOT good. Long lines for everything, long walks, no seating, no wifi, and everything was expensive. :(

For our fellow Ohioan, as wisely noted by chrismo1 and Gran2five, our experiences were super good, both coming in and going out of the Copenhagen airport. Prices in Denmark are not cheap, but that's just the way things are in that country with its high levels of taxes and wages. I can't think of too many airports in the world where there are great "bargains".

You can read lots of "reviews". BUT, from some who are not experienced in the costs for some of these areas and/or who had bad luck, you might read some negatives. Overall, our experience was the exact opposite.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 88,898 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 73,302 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Ok, I'm going with an open mind! :)

Actually, we are going to have to kill some time in the airport as we don't really have enough time to do anything after our cruise ends and before our flight.

I just wanted to be able to sit and journal or use the wifi (which I understand from the airport website we can purchase).

Thanks for all the info!

I agree with Terry! We had plenty of time at CPH on Monday before our flight home. The airport is very nice. I found that the lines were better there then at many airports here in the US. We found a restaurant and enjoyed some Carlsberg beer and a light lunch. We had no problem finding seats at the gate area, but the people who waited until the last minute to show up at the gate were not as lucky. As other posters mentioned, there are plenty of shops. We did our last minute souvenir shopping there before flying home. Prices were reasonable for a European airport. Have fun!

Wi-Fi in Copenhagen Airport is free if you sign up for CPH Advantage membership, which is also free. You can set up a membership on http://www.cph.dk

Yes, we signed up for this but it still lists a cost for wifi . It looks like you have to purchase minutes or hours. We also have to find the place in the airport to pick up our card, which I assume has our account number because there is nothing on the page I printed out that has our account number.

Archived