Carnival Dream leaves at 2pm. Enough time?

gjsmth

Has anyone done a recent tour with Native Choice and made it back to the Dream in plenty of time? Itinerary is showing the Dream leaving Costa Maya at 2pm and their tours run 5.5 hours. So if the tour say leaves at 8am, that put you back to the ship at 1:30.

Sounds like we're in the same boat! Both meanings meant. Been wondering the same thing myself. Native Choice gets rave reviews on the boards and it is their business, still this is a very short port time. JustLoveCruisin-Where did you go for your all inclusive? Do you have a link?

• 5 weeks later...

I love Costa Maya but I think 2P.M. is a joke I would need more time. If I had to be back on the boat by 2P.M. I would just stay by the pool. If the time was longer I world go to the beach and then go to the pool. Then shop and have more drinks by the pool.

We are on the Dream in October and have decided to not do an excursion because of the short port time. We are planning to go into the town Majhaul (spelling) rather than stay in the port area. Appearently it is just a short $2 taxi ride. There are several shops and also several beach areas where the owners will let you use the chairs if you buy drinks or food. Wish we had a longer stay there. ;)

We are just off the Dream. It was a fast trip. We did a tour from the ship. We did the Boat Blast, Snorkel, and Beach Break. This was a top notch tour! We were able to drive the boats, snorkel, and have a great lunch. We had to purchase lunch, but all the drinks were free.

We got back just in time for the boat to leave. Thankfully we got off the boat early and shopped first.

I would highly recommend this tour. I will say, there were numerous people (I heard 9, then I heard 5) that were left. They did not book with the ship, and were not back in time. When our excursion got on board, they pulled the walkway. When we got back, there was only one walkway left waiting for us. Thankfully we booked with Carnival, so they had to wait.

Archived