What do YOU wear on Pirate Night?

pampaul

I know I'll probably get all kinds of answers here and that's a good thing. I'm looking to see what everyone wears on pirate night.

I'm sure there are people who go all out and dress the part, right? What about wearing a pirate T-shirt w/shorts? Or do people usuallly stick with what they would normally wear in the dining room?

I picked up some eye patches and cute pirate hats to wear but I'm not sure if we should wear what we normally would wear or if it was "OK" to wear a pirate T-shirt w/shorts (or should it be black pants?)

If you have photos of what you've worn, that would be great!!!

I know I'll probably get all kinds of answers here and that's a good thing. I'm looking to see what everyone wears on pirate night.

I'm sure there are people who go all out and dress the part, right? What about wearing a pirate T-shirt w/shorts? Or do people usuallly stick with what they would normally wear in the dining room?

I picked up some eye patches and cute pirate hats to wear but I'm not sure if we should wear what we normally would wear or if it was "OK" to wear a pirate T-shirt w/shorts (or should it be black pants?)

We went all out and wore pirate costumes. You will get a bandana at dinner to wear as well. We saw many people with t-shirts and bandanas. Full spectrum of costumes worn.

Generally, the shorter (3 & 4 night) cruises have fewer people really dressing up. On the longer cruises more people seem to dress up. That said, you'll find everything from just wearing the bandana that DCL gives out to full blown (think Jack Sparrow) costumes.

This is our group on our MR cruise:

10fnsp1.jpg

:)

I generally book Palo for pirate night, so we dress up a bit. I have NO interest in dressing like a pirate, or wearing stuff with pirates on it - just seems way too juvenile to me. If I wasn't doing Palo for some reason, then I'd wear ordinary cruise evening clothes - I've never been a costume person except for Halloween.

Sue/WDW1972

Noordam 11/16/12

Ryndam 3/3/13

DCL Dream 11/10/13

I just got off the Disney Dream on the 15th so everything is still fresh! I personally for Pirate Night wore white capri pants, red shirts, pirate scarf around my waist, hoop earrings, and a bandana on my head. My husband wore black shorts, pirate tshirt, bandana, earring (fake). My two boys ages 9 & 10 both wore pirate shirts, bandanas, fake tattoos and earrings, and jeans since the dining rooms can get cool. We were unsure as to wether or not we should wear this to the dinining rooms but were assured that we could. Once in the dining room we had nothing to worry about because about 75% of the dining room was dressed as pirates! Some wore Captain Jack Sparrow costumes, others wore differenct pirate costumes, some were dressed similar to us, and others simply wore the Mickey bandana that is given to you. Wear whatever you are comfortable wearing! :)

Archived