Miami Hotel which includes parking during cruise

luvmy2kids

Can you clarify any shuttle charges if we stay at LaQuinta Airport East? I know that parking is free but their website says they offer free shuttle to the port day of cruise but do not mention shuttle back. Can you arrange for them to pick you up at the port after cruise to pick up your car for a fee and what would that be? I want to be sure of any unforeseen charges we may incur before booking. Thanks in advance for your help!

You can ask about paying them to pick you up, but why bother waiting for their van when you can jump into the first cab in line and be back at your car in about 15 minutes for about $30 (including tip!)? :confused:

Can you clarify any shuttle charges if we stay at LaQuinta Airport East? I know that parking is free but their website says they offer free shuttle to the port day of cruise but do not mention shuttle back. Can you arrange for them to pick you up at the port after cruise to pick up your car for a fee and what would that be? I want to be sure of any unforeseen charges we may incur before booking. Thanks in advance for your help!

It's a free shuttle to the port as far a back I would call the hotel... We wound up taking a cab to and from the hotel because the wait for shuttle was too long...

You can ask about paying them to pick you up, but why bother waiting for their van when you can jump into the first cab in line and be back at your car in about 15 minutes for about $30 (including tip!)? :confused:

It's a free shuttle to the port as far a back I would call the hotel... We wound up taking a cab to and from the hotel because the wait for shuttle was too long...

The above two responses give you all the answers that you need, use their shuttle van to get you there and just take a cab back. FYI....If you have not made your reservation yet....you can get a room at the Comfort Suites North in Miami Springs for only 78 + tax through Last minute travel.com for 9/23. It is highly recommended on tripadvisor, is new and it includes breakfast and shuttle to the port. It's even 40 bucks cheaper than when we're staying there in January.

The above two responses give you all the answers that you need, use their shuttle van to get you there and just take a cab back. FYI....If you have not made your reservation yet....you can get a room at the Comfort Suites North in Miami Springs for only 78 + tax through Last minute travel.com for 9/23. It is highly recommended on tripadvisor, is new and it includes breakfast and shuttle to the port. It's even 40 bucks cheaper than when we're staying there in January.

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. This why I love Cruise Critic. It's a wealth of information.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the Hampton Inn in Coconut Grove/Coral Cables for a one-night stay before my December cruise (I'm driving down from Central Florida). I got a "Stay and Cruise" rate of $155 for a King room (about $175 with tax) that includes 7 days of FREE parking and a shuttle to the port. I'll have to take a taxi back, which is estimated at $30, but that's still cheaper than staying at the Hampton Miami-Brickell. Their room rate is higher and their "Stay and Cruise" rate reduces the parking to $5/night.

I just booked the Hampton Inn in Coconut Grove/Coral Cables for a one-night stay before my December cruise (I'm driving down from Central Florida). I got a "Stay and Cruise" rate of $155 for a King room (about $175 with tax) that includes 7 days of FREE parking and a shuttle to the port. I'll have to take a taxi back, which is estimated at $30, but that's still cheaper than staying at the Hampton Miami-Brickell. Their room rate is higher and their "Stay and Cruise" rate reduces the parking to $5/night.

FYI...on stay123.com...the Hampton Inn Miami cruiseport is available for 100.00 inc taxes and 21 days of parking for a one night stay on 11/30/12. So, you'll have 75.00 to cover your return taxi and a few DOD's.

Archived