How child friendly is Celebrity? Kids club?

Florida_cruisers

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise as we typically sail with Royal Caribbean. We usually travel with our son (7 by the time we go on our next cruise) on land and cruise vacation and he does very well. He absolutely loves the kids club on RCL. How child friendly is Celebrity? How good is their kid's club?

Celebrity is fantastic with kids. They have wonderful activities and the staff is fun and caring. Celebrity is my favorite cruise line. What I like about Celebrity is that the kids are thoroughly entertained and never want to leave the Fun Factory.

My son and I are about to embark on our 7th Celebrity cruise.

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise as we typically sail with Royal Caribbean. We usually travel with our son (7 by the time we go on our next cruise) on land and cruise vacation and he does very well. He absolutely loves the kids club on RCL. How child friendly is Celebrity? How good is their kid's club?

My children started cruising on Celebrity when they were 6 & 9. They are now 16 and 19. Celebrity has a very high quality Children's Program. Many (if not all) of their counselors (working in the program) have a college degree.

These are not just babysitters.

My children would tell you (we have cruised other lines also) that Celebrity has the best children's program.

Enjoy!

My son did like the youth program on Royal but he also loves the youth program on Celebrity. The difference is that the ship itself is more adult than Royal. I found that on Royal the kids were running around the ship, leaving cups in the halls, spilled pizza on the ground and these sort of things.

On Celebrity you won't see that. So the adults actually have an adult vacation but the kids are having a great time with their new friends in the youth program.

We are just off a Celebrity cruise and although we didnt use the childrens program, we did run into and spend some time with a couple that had 2 young children with them. I will say that their kids never wanted to leave their new friends or the fun factory! We also saw the program staff around the ship with the kids and the kids always looked like they were having a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Celebrity Summit a couple of weeks ago, and my 10 year old loved the Fun Factory. He asked to go first thing in the morning, and we had to drag him out of there at night. You do have to pick the kids up for meals, or you can pay $6 an hour and they will take them to meals for you (2 hour periods). They also have slumber parties until 1am that you have to pay for, I think they start at 10?

His highlights were dodge-ball, the scavenger hunts, some strange ball game I don't remember the name of, and building a boat that they tried to race in the pool. They took them to one of the theater shows too.

Yeah- I had the same experience with Celebrity- Marc wanted to be there every minute. If you are doing a port intensive cruise- Holland America is really the best because they like the youth program but not so much that they don't want to hang out with you and do excursions. So sometimes the youth program becomes an obstacle.

Archived