Anyone Back from Copenhagen or Stockholm?

roothy123

Just curious when the lifeboat drill might be, as we don't depart until 10PM from Copenhagen. Can I assume it will the usual 5 to 6ish? Also, did you dock where Oceania said you'd dock in Copenhagen? Port web site says one thing and Oceania another!

Just curious when the lifeboat drill might be, as we don't depart until 10PM from Copenhagen. Can I assume it will the usual 5 to 6ish? Also, did you dock where Oceania said you'd dock in Copenhagen? Port web site says one thing and Oceania another!

Just off Nautica. It docked at Langeline pier. The newer pier (name?) is close by. When cruise ships are in, HoHo buses detour to the piers. There are 3 cos. The one we were on was lousy. Called step on step off I think. All of the City Hall area is a big construction zone so it was hard to find the pick up point. Oceania ran a shuttle but the driver refused to pick us up at the Tivoli stop after we waited 30 minutes

Just off Nautica. It docked at Langeline pier. The newer pier (name?) is close by. When cruise ships are in, HoHo buses detour to the piers. There are 3 cos. The one we were on was lousy. Called step on step off I think. All of the City Hall area is a big construction zone so it was hard to find the pick up point. Oceania ran a shuttle but the driver refused to pick us up at the Tivoli stop after we waited 30 minutes

Did you have free shuttles in any other ports?

Did you have free shuttles in any other ports?

Yes. casablanca-merely gets you away from the dock area-drops you in an unsavoury area-, Lorient- to town centre and u-boat base, zeebruges- to train station.

In Cadiz, Lisbon ,Vigo, St. Malo, you are close to downtown

In Bordeaux on the smaller R ships and Amsterdam, you are steps from the trams.

Surprised to hear that Oceania offered ANY shuttle, as they normally don't. However, I'll take it if it is offered!

Yep, I hear there is road construction around the Marriott, which isn't far from Tivoli and City Hall. I'm not surprised to hear that it's a mess around that area. Since we'll be going a day early, I will be doing my sightseeing on my own, via bus and metro/S-tog trains, and on foot, and maybe a harbor boat or two. I did some research on the public transportation web site, and they have a warning on there that some buses around Tivoli are re-routed now because of road construction. Sounds like a bit of a mess. As to the HOHO buses, I'll pass - too many pedestrian streets and narrow streets - I imagine I'll be walking a lot!

So your cruise didn't leave wherever you caught it at night, right? I'm still wondering about the timing of the lifeboat drill, given that we don't leave until 10. I'd like to go back out for a few hours after we check in, but I know Oceania is very serious about their drills (always have been, pre-Costa) and won't want me to miss it! I imagine they'll tell me once I board what time I need to be back on board, but a preview of this information would be nice, which is why I'm asking here!

Roberts 2005: Don't know if Ronne, Denmark is on the Nautica itinerary, but if so, apparently there is a shuttle (by the town, I think) from where Marina docks to the information center close to where the ferries come in. It's also next to Europcar and is close to where Ronne buses leave to go out into the island. (Island has a lot of good places to explore.) I assume the shuttle runs for Nautica pax, too, if you're on Nautica. I was told by the port of Ronne that it runs every 20 minutes starting at 8:50AM.

Archived