Worth it to tender to port just for shopping?

Roswell_IcePrincess

If you want to just come for a little while and do some shopping, I say why not. Like all cruise ports, they are all pretty nice and "done-up" for the cruise ship passengers.

Here's some pictures to the shops there:

Belizemapharbor.jpg

belizemap.jpg

belizetourismvillage.jpg

The above are not my pictures, but one's that I found online and saved for my own knowledge prior to going to Belize for the first time.

This is mine taken while tendering over:

IMG5606-M.jpg

IMG5538-M.jpg

We had fun walking around and shopping after our cavetubing excursion.

I think it is always worth going to shore. The tender experience in Belize is worth it. It is a high speed trip with beautiful scenery. You are anchored 5 miles out so without tendering you see nothing at all of Belize. I also recommend going out of the gated area to the small flea market across the street.

Shops are nice but as in most ports beware of the sizes. My DW and I bought shirts in Belize at one of the shops. She tried hers on, I went by the size marked on the bag and the shirt. Well hers fit mine not sure what the sized it for but it was no were near right.:eek:

The Ump

John

• 2 weeks later...

There is a neat restaurant that is upstairs and has great pico de gallo and chips. I love the shop Belize Loom (I think that is the name). We will be there post Christmas or I would be buying presents at this shop. From my own experience, I would be careful of buying things. I had lovely real silver earrings I purchased switched to a cheap pair and did not see the change until too late. If you buy something, do not let them take it in the back of the store to "wrap it up".

We were here once before, but because of time limits we didn't get to stay and try some food and drinks at the bars or shop for that matter. What are some of the names of the bar and grill type places here and do they have good food? Thinking this time to just come to the port area to shop and have lunch with drinks.

The tender is pretty short and an easy ride. However, I don't feel the port is different from any other Carib ports.

On the other hand, snorkeling is great in Belize.

I so wish we could snorkel while there, but we can't this time. Gives us a reason to go back. LOL! ;)

Archived