Sofa Bed on Carnival

hollster8

Does anyone have a picture of this set up? I'm trying to decide whether or not to request a crib for my (then will be) 18 month old on our cruise, or just put her on the sofa bed with some railings.

Any photos/experience/advice/tips are much appreciated!

Thanks!

We had a balcony cabin on the Splendor and found that the cabin itself was plenty big enough to accommodate a crib. But, we cruised with some friends who had an inside cabin on the Liberty and it was crowded in there with the crib. So, depends on cabin type.

I'm sorry I don't have a pic to post but we were on the Glory in a balcony cabin. The sofa was made up to a regular twin bed and we used that for DS who was 2 (27 months) at the time. If your child is accustomed to a crib at 18 m, you may be more comfortable requesting a travel crib/PnP. Other parents have been fine w/ using he bed and bringing a rail or padding pillows around the child. W/ the table and chair by the sofa, the PnP/crib should fit but may be tight.

I was debating the same thing in a post here last month. Mine will be almost 18 months and i've decided to request a crib. I can always take it out if i decide to change my mind. My almost 3 yr old will sleep on the sofa bed.

2702943520101336718S425x425Q85.jpg

2791065250101336718S425x425Q85.jpg

This is on Magic, but I suspect it would be the same on most of the ships.

I wouldn't put an 18MO on the bed as it will be set up. We were only comfortable with putting our son on the top because (1) he migrates into the corner of his crib (2) if he fell off he'd land on the other mattress. We put them on opposite ends so he wouldn't fall on DD.

You should be able to pull the mattress off the bed and onto the ground, which would be pretty safe from falls. I don't know if that would expose anything unsafe for the child (springs, sharp corners, etc.)

Archived