Disloyalty program

cruznluvr3

Here is the email I received from Carnival trying to apology to their most loyal cruisers.

Dear Milestone Guest,

I am writing to you to express our sincere apologies for the confusion and disappointment related to how our Milestone Rewards program is incorporated into our new VIFP Club recognition program. A number of our loyal guests who have sailed 25-plus times with Carnival have expressed their disappointment with our decision not to issue Milestone cards to everyone who has reached the 25-plus threshold on every subsequent sailing. Additionally, it has come to our attention that misinformation was provided by several of our call center associates and other Carnival employees related to how the two programs would work together in the future. On behalf of all of us at Carnival, I’m very sorry.

The changes we have announced are designed to make certain that we properly recognize members celebrating their 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th cruise while also improving the recognition elements of the Platinum level by investing more in the elite members’ party, as well as improving the quality of the gifts delivered on each sailing. While I can understand and appreciate the disappointment in no longer receiving a Milestone card, I am confident that when you experience the new elements onboard, you will see that we have taken positive steps to further recognize your value to Carnival.

It is also true that we have changed some of the current benefits, including changes to laundry service and guarantees of dining times and reservations. The changes in the laundry service and dining guarantees are necessary given the growth in the number of Platinum members, and our unwillingness to promise a benefit that we know we cannot always fulfill. While we know thedecision to make these changes has opened us up to some justifiable criticism, we would rather make these modifications to the program now than over-promise and under-deliver on board.

Please be assured, these changes were not made lightly. But our goal is to deliver a consistent, fun and memorable experience to our most loyal guests. We believe these changes will allow us to do just that as well as position us to continue to deliver on that promise well into the future.

Thank you so very much for your loyalty to Carnival. We greatly value your business and I look forward to seeing you on board, enjoying the new VIFP Club benefits very soon.

Sincerely,

James Berra

Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

Now if you agree with these, then we all wish you happy cruising. However, if your one of thousands that have been deceived by Carnival, I encourage you to contact Carnival Rewards program manager Shelia Wever at Carnival Corporate Offices at 800 438 6744 ext 24211

Either we stand up for what is right or we roll over and let Carnival treat their most loyal cruisers like dirt.

That is another area that I suggest gets double points every time John asks for "suggestions" for the beards.

Hope that happens as well....it is only fair.

There is absolutely no solution that would be totally fair to every one.

If they were not going to make some kind of # of cruise = certain level for all cats of the program, including Diamond and Gold. Then they should have just stuck to the days at sea for all and you are what you are now like or leave it.

It just was not right only to grandfather Platinum's, and give everyone else 18 months to get to Platinum.

Just think how stupid they were by not saying to get to Diamond you need 200 days at sea or (insert #) cruises by 12-31-12 or (insert #) cruises by 12-31-13. You make make up a reasonable # for Diamond and insert that #, I don't care what the # 25, 28 or 30 what ever.

Carnival just does not get it, there would be people like me that are at 24 cruises and my 25th booked that would have booked extra cruises just to get to that # in whatever time frame they were to give. I did extra cruises just because I thought that 25 cruises was going to be the # for the highest level that was going to be in the program.

I am sure Carnival will see an increase in booking from past guest that now have 5-9 cruises so they can get to Platinum without having to have 75 day at sea.

They would have seen an increase in bookings from the 20-30 cruises range also if they would have done it the same as the Platinum and set some kind of # for Diamond. Plus not had as many upset past guest looking at other lines now. So what they did is turn something that could have been a positive growth item in to attrition or lost customers and revenue for Carnival.

Sorry, but knowing the state of the original loyalty program, I can not understand why anyone would book a bunch of cruises based on unofficial promises just to get to a certain level, which for as long as people have been talking about it on this board, was not expected to be all that much better

Sorry, but knowing the state of the original loyalty program, I can not understand why anyone would book a bunch of cruises based on unofficial promises just to get to a certain level, which for as long as people have been talking about it on this board, was not expected to be all that much better

I don't understand the unofficial promises?

The Platinum deadline for hitting 10 cruises is set in stone. It ends in 18 months.

I believe that there are going to be people booking extra cruises to get to Platinum before the end of 2013, so they do not have to wait to get to Platinum by days later.

I think that if something would have been put in place for Diamond Carnival would have a surge in booking from cruisers that have a lot of cruises but a lower amount of days.

If you are asking why I took extra cruises before the official announcement then here are 3 reasons.

3 reason that I booked extra cruises.

#1 Fun

#2 Wanted to get to Milestone

#3 Wanted to be at top tier of Loyalty program.

Sorry - but I'll agree with the poster who said see you later to the OP. This horse has been beaten to death and it's the way that many word their complaints that shows a lack of something ....

Sure, it'd be nice if the program was managed differently and over time, maybe there will be changes, but it is what it is. There is a thread on a particular FB page right now asking for input on guests who book suites (fun reading) - so at least they are asking.

For those who are really that upset, just leave, although I seriously doubt that you will. You will gripe, complain, and make empty threats here on CC, but you will book again. If you do not, no one will notice.

Said, done, not planning to change my bookings because of what the loyalty program offers or does not offer.

B&B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry - but I'll agree with the poster who said see you later to the OP. This horse has been beaten to death and it's the way that many word their complaints that shows a lack of something ....

Sure, it'd be nice if the program was managed differently and over time, maybe there will be changes, but it is what it is. There is a thread on a particular FB page right now asking for input on guests who book suites (fun reading) - so at least they are asking.

For those who are really that upset, just leave, although I seriously doubt that you will. You will gripe, complain, and make empty threats here on CC, but you will book again. If you do not, no one will notice.

Said, done, not planning to change my bookings because of what the loyalty program offers or does not offer.

B&B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:) Now where is the like button!!!:D

If they were not going to make some kind of # of cruise = certain level for all cats of the program, including Diamond and Gold. Then they should have just stuck to the days at sea for all and you are what you are now like or leave it.

It just was not right only to grandfather Platinum's, and give everyone else 18 months to get to Platinum.

Just think how stupid they were by not saying to get to Diamond you need 200 days at sea or (insert #) cruises by 12-31-12 or (insert #) cruises by 12-31-13. You make make up a reasonable # for Diamond and insert that #, I don't care what the # 25, 28 or 30 what ever.

Carnival just does not get it, there would be people like me that are at 24 cruises and my 25th booked that would have booked extra cruises just to get to that # in whatever time frame they were to give. I did extra cruises just because I thought that 25 cruises was going to be the # for the highest level that was going to be in the program.

I am sure Carnival will see an increase in booking from past guest that now have 5-9 cruises so they can get to Platinum without having to have 75 day at sea.

They would have seen an increase in bookings from the 20-30 cruises range also if they would have done it the same as the Platinum and set some kind of # for Diamond. Plus not had as many upset past guest looking at other lines now. So what they did is turn something that could have been a positive growth item in to attrition or lost customers and revenue for Carnival.

Grouch, Nicely put!!

Honestly, I can use the loophole and book a few 3/4 B2B and get to Platinum. But is it really worth it in the long run??

Every rewards, points, loyalty program, birthday club, or email signup program ever devised by any company was nothing more than a marketing scheme -- the objective is to encourage consumers to drop their guard and chase after carrots dangled from sticks, to make more purchases than they otherwise might.

And it not only works, but people scream bloody murder if they are deprived of the scheme.

How about evaluating the product itself? Itinerary. Accommodations. Price. Comparable cruises offered by other companies. Mind-blowing, but it's a sound way to pick a cruise and a cruiseline.

Every rewards, points, loyalty program, birthday club, or email signup program ever devised by any company was nothing more than a marketing scheme -- the objective is to encourage consumers to drop their guard and chase after carrots dangled from sticks, to make more purchases than they otherwise might.

And it not only works, but people scream bloody murder if they are deprived of the scheme.

How about evaluating the product itself? Itinerary. Accommodations. Price. Comparable cruises offered by other companies. Mind-blowing, but it's a sound way to pick a cruise and a cruiseline.

Bingo - they are always about generating more revenue - not giving it away and not fundamental to Carnival.

All the more reason to do away with all of it. Carnival cruise lines can stand on their own merits.

I remember saying time after time when people would say how impatient they were for this new program.

.. "be careful what you wish for"

surprise surprise .. I was right. I know Carnival too well and had been thru the change with RCL.

Get over it .. if anyone expected the new program to be a improvement .. they now understand it is less.

In 2009, I requested and got credit for the first cruise my wife and I took (on the Carnivale) in 1991. All it took was the the original purchase invoice and receipt (do people really throw that stuff away? Why?).

That said, I don't cruise for loyalty programs. If they want to give me something for "free" after I've taken a bunch of cruises with them, that's fine with me. I select my cruises based on date, port of origin, price and itinerary. More often than not, that's Carnival, but not always.

And the loyalty program has yet to induce me to pick Carnival over a competitor. Maybe one day I'll be indifferent between two options and I will pick Carnival for that reason. But it has never happened yet, during a span of 21 years from my first to most recent cruise with them.

My thoughts...Carnival should take out one more cabin per deck and put in more washers and dryers and call them free. Bring your own detergent and softener and do your own laundry. It seems the biggest fuss is the laundry. :rolleyes:

My thoughts...Carnival should take out one more cabin per deck and put in more washers and dryers and call them free. Bring your own detergent and softener and do your own laundry. It seems the biggest fuss is the laundry. :rolleyes:

Actually a good point. Not taking out cabins, but giving you a "credit" to do your own laundry if your Platinum. It could easily be done with the new devices they are using in the laundry that makes you use your SAS card instead of quarters. Don't know how many boats have them, but they had them on the Dream a few weeks ago!

Archived