Interconnecting balcony cabin on Oosterdam - what is lost

Wall???? In the balcony cabins I have seen that have a door with the adjoining cabin, it's located on the side of the cabin that is just a long wall that you walk by bed area.

So I take it that the door is in the wall at the foot of the bed, or do you lose closet space?

We had this on both the Eurodam and the Oosterdam, and the doorway gave us a little alcove between the closet and the table that surrounded the end of the couch. It was a perfect place to store the luggage so that it was never in our way. Then, as the cruises continued, it was also handy for piling purchases atop the luggagge. We're a little concerned that on our next cruise in 4 weeks, we might not have that extra advantage.

So I take it that the door is in the wall at the foot of the bed, or do you lose closet space?

Below are pictures of VD 4043 on the Eurodam. The layout was similar to VF 4041 next door (non-connecting).

2423074140102790654S500x500Q85.jpg 2719203060102790654S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived