Cruising with kids - our video review (repeat)

ladylemondrop

Most of you have seen this. But as advised, i am re-posting with a better title for those who are cruising with their kids and want an insight from that perspective.

We had a great time, and did some amazing activites both on shore and on ship, the ship caters for kids very well, and ours loved the funfactory, arcade, and sports deck. Not to mention endless pizza, ice cream, and burgers!

Thanks. The only "problem" we had was the boys did not want to ever leave the ship! They are not fond of excursions, which is why i researched lots of active pursuits onshore, which seemed to be better, and the other thing is the diet - they will live on junk! But they loved it, so we all had a wonderful time. If anyone has any questions about cruising with children please feel free to ask.

Hi Louise

I've already posted a "thank you" on another thread.

As for keeping the kids occupied I would really recommend the climb up to the fort in Kotor. The view down on the ship from such a height is amasing.

I first did the climb as a kid 40 years ago and to do it again last year was brilliant.

Peter

Hi Louise

I've already posted a "thank you" on another thread.

As for keeping the kids occupied I would really recommend the climb up to the fort in Kotor. The view down on the ship from such a height is amasing.

I first did the climb as a kid 40 years ago and to do it again last year was brilliant.

Peter

Yes, that is a great suggestion! Such a pretty place...

Hi. Thanks for posting the video. How old are your kids? We are taking our first Celebrity cruise next year and my main concern is about whether Celebrity caters to kids. I've read they are mainly for adults so I was hesitant but my husband really liked the itinerary so we booked. My son will be 8 on the cruise and loves the Kids Club on Royal Caribbean. How would you rate the Celebrity Kids Club? Do they have structured activities? Do the youth counsellors interact with the kids? Do they have family activities planned? Any comments you have regarding Celebrity and kids would be very helpful. That was my main concern when booking. If he's not enjoying himself, it won't be much of a holiday for us! Thanks in advance for your help.

My son loves Celebrity. He did the Western Med on Millenium when my son was 6 almost 7 and Norway on Equinox, when he was 8 almost 9. They do have organized activities and wonderful staff members. The kids have a ball. There will be plenty of kids on any holiday or summer sailing. The downside is that the kids have so much fun they never want to get off the ship!

We've also done Royal (Independence of the Seas 2006) and my son really liked that cruise too. The youth programs are very similar.

Archived