50% off 2013 Excursions?

scottam

Hello All,

I found this statement on Azamara's website that seems to indicate that the 50% off Shore Excursions program is good for 2013. Yay, that is great news!:D

"The 2012 - 2013 Land Discoveries 50% savings program is available only when pre-booked online.

The excursions will be available approximately four months prior to each season, and will be open for booking until four days prior to sailing date. It is not available once guests are onboard the ships. The 50% Land DiscoveriesSM Savings program is valid for full fare bookings for sailings departing as follows:

Azamara Journey: January 4 through December 23, 2013 Voyages

Azamara Quest: January 4 through December 27, 2013 Voyages"

The date ranges shown are clickable and linked to a list of 2012 cruises. There are no 2013 cruises shown. Does this discount apply to all 2013 cruises or only select ones, as the content above seems to indicate? If so, how do I know whether my cruise has discounted excursions?

Any help or insight is most appreciated!

Tammy

Hello All,

I found this statement on Azamara's website that seems to indicate that the 50% off Shore Excursions program is good for 2013. Yay, that is great news!:D

"The 2012 - 2013 Land Discoveries 50% savings program is available only when pre-booked online.

The excursions will be available approximately four months prior to each season, and will be open for booking until four days prior to sailing date. It is not available once guests are onboard the ships. The 50% Land DiscoveriesSM Savings program is valid for full fare bookings for sailings departing as follows:

Azamara Journey: January 4 through December 23, 2013 Voyages

Azamara Quest: January 4 through December 27, 2013 Voyages"

The date ranges shown are clickable and linked to a list of 2012 cruises. There are no 2013 cruises shown. Does this discount apply to all 2013 cruises or only select ones, as the content above seems to indicate? If so, how do I know whether my cruise has discounted excursions?

Any help or insight is most appreciated!

Tammy

Tammy, I read this somewhere that Azamara does not list shore excrusion until 4 moth prior to sail date maybe that reason you are not seeing 2013 yet.. I am with you I am hoping it will be available on our cruise in April.

Hi Tammy & Dale,

Dale : You are correct - the reason Guests are not able to view details for 2013 excursions, is that it's too soon to expect them. As mentioned in the fine print, they generally appear on Azamara's website 4 months before the sail date.

At any rate, I believe the 2013 50% Shore excursion savings program was previously announced by Bill, but it's great news !

Hi Tammy & Dale,

Dale : You are correct - the reason Guests are not able to view details for 2013 excursions, is that it's too soon to expect them. As mentioned in the fine print, they generally appear on Azamara's website 4 months before the sail date.

At any rate, I believe the 2013 50% Shore excursion savings program was previously announced by Bill, but it's great news !

Andy, you just made my cruise complete, I was hoping that Azamara would do that again in 2013 and now I know they are...thank you

Thanks for the input! I wasn't expecting to see the excursions for our 2013 cruise - although it sure would be nice! :D

I'm trying figure out whether or not the discount applies to all 2012/2013 cruises or only certain ones. Does anyone know?

One statement of the Land Discoveries page seems very clear that, yes, there is a discount on the 2013 cruises. Another - the link I spoke - of makes it sound like the discount only applies to certain full fare 2012/2013 cruises, however the link it only lists 2012 cruises, no 2013 cruises, even though the title of the link is form2013. It's just a little confusing.

I will search for Bills announcement of the 2013 discounted program to see if I can find any other details.

Thanks again!

Tammy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

Thanks for weighing in on this, but my original question still remains unanswered ...

The statement that I referred to in my original posting seems to indicate that the 50% off speical only applies to certain sailings ("Savings program is valid for full fare bookings for sailings departing as follows") So, in the process of trying to find out if excursions on my sailing (Journey Feb 20, 2013) will qualify for the 50% discount, I clicked on the link "Azamara Journey: January 4 through December 23, 2013 Voyages" expecting to find a list of qualifying 2013 sailings, only to find a list of 2012 sailings.

Also, the statment refers to "full fare" bookings. Does this stament exclude someone who took advantage of a special or, someone like me, whose original 2012 cruise was cancelled and the booking was transferred to this 2013 cruise?

As much as I'd love to see a list of excursions, I do understand it's too soon. I just would like to know if I can look forward to the 50% off savings. I'm hoping so! :D

Thanks for any help or clarification you can provide.

Tammy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for weighing in on this, but my original question still remains unanswered ...

The statement that I referred to in my original posting seems to indicate that the 50% off speical only applies to certain sailings ("Savings program is valid for full fare bookings for sailings departing as follows") So, in the process of trying to find out if excursions on my sailing (Journey Feb 20, 2013) will qualify for the 50% discount, I clicked on the link "Azamara Journey: January 4 through December 23, 2013 Voyages" expecting to find a list of qualifying 2013 sailings, only to find a list of 2012 sailings.

Also, the statment refers to "full fare" bookings. Does this stament exclude someone who took advantage of a special or, someone like me, whose original 2012 cruise was cancelled and the booking was transferred to this 2013 cruise?

As much as I'd love to see a list of excursions, I do understand it's too soon. I just would like to know if I can look forward to the 50% off savings. I'm hoping so! :D

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

I received an email from Azamara last week regarding 2013 voyages to Asia and South America and availability of ChoiceAir credits. It also mentions that 50% savings on pre-booked Land Discoveries apply to these voyages and gives a link that shows all of the dates, and it does include yours.

The problem is, if I go to the Azamara site directly, I can't find any way to navigate to this same information. When I link through the email to Azamara's site, it tells me that I am at Home/2013 Asia and South America Voyages.

I hope this helps!

Doug

Hi Andy,

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your post. Although Terry and Doug provided excellent information, I'm not sure if it covers exactly what you are asking - specifically, that you are rebooked from a cancelled 2012 sailing. I'm sure that Bill Leiber will see our posts, and perhaps he can comment.

The good news is - the program will return for 2013. I truly hope it will be applicable in your case. Good Luck !

Doug and Andy,

Thanks for your messages! I appreciate it. And yes Andy, that would be great if Bill could weigh in on whether or not we will get the discount, given the fact that our booking was due to a cancellation of a previous cruise. Our previous cruise did qualify for the discount, so I would think that since our current cruise qualified, that privelige would transfer to our new booking. We shall see!

Thanks Again,

Tammy

Tammy

Hello Tammy -

Good news - you'll be eligible for the 50% Land Discovery Savings (50% LDS) on your forthcoming February 20, 2013 Azamara Journey voyage to Vietnam and Thailand!

From your comments, it seems that when Azamara cancelled your original voyage, you rebooked this new one and used the compensation offer we provided for your inconvenience. Your booking qualifies as "full fare," which is another way to say using our "published" tariffs and also includes our "published" savings opportunities. Guests who travel on fares based on "charter" and/or "reduced" rates offered to travel industry personnel or any "non-published" rates are not eligible for the 50% LDS.

Also, to put your mind at ease, our new 2013 Destination Guide (US and Canada) includes the "50% Land Discoveries" savings program on pages 96 and 97.

Enjoy your 4th of July Holiday in Chicago!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for looking into this for me and delivering the great news! Now all I have to do is wait patiently for the excursions to be announced. :D

As for that 2013 Destination Guide ... I've requested both the 2012 and 2013 several times on the Azamara website, in addition to a request to receive Email specials. I have received no info/marketing from Azamara since my first request in Feb, when we booked our orig cruise. I will make a new request today and cross my fingers.

Thanks again and have a safe and fun holiday!

Tammy

Hello, maybe Bill could answer my question but why is it so hard to receive a brochure; I left the 2013 brochure in the cabin when we left the ship last May because I thought it would be easy to get a new one. Since the end of May I've ordered one through the Club VOyage and also through the website and I'm still waiting for. I know it's available on the website but I like much better to have it into my hands for consulting. We booked already the Quest for next June and we would like to share it with friends. The service on the ship is just great, why is it so different from the people in the office. Also, as some people said, even if I've registered to receive e-mail and offers from Azamara, I've never received anything except the confirmation that I was well registered. I keep waiting for my 2013 brochure!

Hello Tammy and Sovilav01 -

I'm sorry for the frustration that you've been experiencing trying to have our 2013 Destination Guide mailed to your homes. I'm aware that we've experienced fulfillment problems in the past and was under the impression that our process had improved. Your feedback indicates that more work is required and I've passed on your message to our marketing director to investigate the reason for this "disconnect."

In the meantime, please contact Azamara's Le Club Voyage directly to request they mail the 2013 Destination Guide to your home. Their phone number is - 1-888-532-5828 or you can email to - LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com. I'll be sending a copy of this post to them so they'll understand why you have contacted them.

Your point is well-taken about our need to deliver a seamless experience onboard and shoreside and we appreciate your time and effort to let us know about this shortfall.

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard in the future!

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Tammy and Sovilav01 -

I'm sorry for the frustration that you've been experiencing trying to have our 2013 Destination Guide mailed to your homes. I'm aware that we've experienced fulfillment problems in the past and was under the impression that our process had improved. Your feedback indicates that more work is required and I've passed on your message to our marketing director to investigate the reason for this "disconnect."

In the meantime, please contact Azamara's Le Club Voyage directly to request they mail the 2013 Destination Guide to your home. Their phone number is - 1-888-532-5828 or you can email to - LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com. I'll be sending a copy of this post to them so they'll understand why you have contacted them.

Your point is well-taken about our need to deliver a seamless experience onboard and shoreside and we appreciate your time and effort to let us know about this shortfall.

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard in the future!

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks Bill, I've just made a new request by email.;)

Doglover, is there something unique about Quest August 7 sailing? The AZ website shows a 50% savings on shore excursions booked in advance for all 2013 voyages. There are only a few specific exclusions for special ticketed events or private arrangements.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/2013-pricing-and-savings-program-all-voyages

Doglover, is there something unique about Quest August 7 sailing? The AZ website shows a 50% savings on shore excursions booked in advance for all 2013 voyages. There are only a few specific exclusions for special ticketed events or private arrangements.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/2013-pricing-and-savings-program-all-voyages

Quinn,

Thanks for posting this link. The wording is vastly different from when I originally posted this topic, and much more clear!

I am planning on booking a cruise through my TA for Jan. 2013. If I book this cruise will I be able to receive the 50% off on tours? My question is: Do I give up the ability to book the 50% off tours if I use my own TA and don't book direct with Azamara?

I am planning on booking a cruise through my TA for Jan. 2013. If I book this cruise will I be able to receive the 50% off on tours? My question is: Do I give up the ability to book the 50% off tours if I use my own TA and don't book direct with Azamara?

I used a TA to book my June 2012 Baltic cruise but bought my Excursions on the AZ website. Got half off. Doing it that way you have to book the cruise first and get your confirmation number before booking the excursions. You also have to pay for each excursion as you book it. Don't know if I could have done this through my TA but it was easy enough just doing it directly from the website.

Hi Redshine,

You will receive the 50% off Shore excursions promtion, whether you book with a TA or with Azamara.

Here's a link to the 50% savings on 2013 Land Discoveries at the Azamara website : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/2013-pricing-and-savings-program-all-voyages

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Archived