Looking for opinion

saleaaway

A few weeks back my TA booked us on the Breakaway for June of next year. Since I have kids I asked for two cabins side by side, inside mid ship. Both cabins hold three people, there are five of us. There are no adjoining inside on the Breakaway.

Here is what happened. When I first tried to book with my TA she said that two of a few of the sets of cabins I requested couldn't be sold to me because one was set up for handicap and was bigger than a normal cabin.

She was having trouble accessing the floor plan so she was going to call NCL directly and have them help her.

So she calls NCL gives them my request calls me back an hour later and gives me my room numbers. She said that the only issue was there was a cabin in between us and my kids. I was a bit concerned but my oldest is 15 so I said ok with it, with the hopes something would open up later down the road.

So after I hung up I went and looked for the cabins, and guess what two cabins they were. The two I first requested. They are side by side and the reason the numbers jump is because the one is bigger.

My question is this. I really want two cabins next to each other. If NCL needs this cabin do you think they would upgrade us to two adjoining somewhere else on the ship? At this point I"m not going to say anything as we are so far out. I don't want to take this room away from someone who needs it but I want my kids close by.

For the million dollar question what would you do?

Thanks

Sale

I'm sure you'll get a few different opinions, here's mine...:)

Personally I would move now, and not have to worry about them possibly switching cabins later when there aren't 2 together. I would also feel guilty about that cabin not being in inventory for someone who really needs it.

***The larger rooms, typically are set up for the handicapped and although you may get more space some of the furniture may have been removed to accomodate a wheel chair. Shower set ups maybe quite different, and you may find yourself putting towels around the bathroom floor to keep the water at bay.

move now...with the new federal rules you will have to have documented need to take a HC cabin...lacking that documentation, you should fully expect to be moved later...moving later could move the kids far away....best to move now while you still have options.

Often it feels so much easier to booke direct, without a TA stuck in the middle potentially creating more errors, not less.

A few weeks back my TA booked us on the Breakaway for June of next year. Since I have kids I asked for two cabins side by side, inside mid ship. Both cabins hold three people, there are five of us. There are no adjoining inside on the Breakaway.

Here is what happened. When I first tried to book with my TA she said that two of a few of the sets of cabins I requested couldn't be sold to me because one was set up for handicap and was bigger than a normal cabin.

She was having trouble accessing the floor plan so she was going to call NCL directly and have them help her.

So she calls NCL gives them my request calls me back an hour later and gives me my room numbers. She said that the only issue was there was a cabin in between us and my kids. I was a bit concerned but my oldest is 15 so I said ok with it, with the hopes something would open up later down the road.

So after I hung up I went and looked for the cabins, and guess what two cabins they were. The two I first requested. They are side by side and the reason the numbers jump is because the one is bigger.

My question is this. I really want two cabins next to each other. If NCL needs this cabin do you think they would upgrade us to two adjoining somewhere else on the ship? At this point I"m not going to say anything as we are so far out. I don't want to take this room away from someone who needs it but I want my kids close by.

For the million dollar question what would you do?

Thanks

Sale

There are plenty of connecting inside cabins - each holding 3 or 4 berths.

So if one of the cabins is handicapped, it is suggested that you move - for the best. Your travel agent should not be booking a handicapped room for you IMO.

Something else occurred to me... the Breakaway is a new ship, so maybe there's some confusion about deck plans. Check the Breakaway web site, it has deck plans you can browse through.

All changed and feel better for it. Thanks all

I'm glad you changed. I've heard of people getting bumped because someone needed their handicapped cabin and ending up not even being on the same deck. With kids involved I doubt that would happen to you, but why take a chance that you'd get some really cruddy cabins.

Archived